Does anyone have a draft of what an LTC petition might look like

Specifically referring to MGL Chapter 140, Section 131:

"... file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town wherein the applicant filed for ..."

I applied for an LTC on November 21, 2007 and have not yet received indication of approval or denial despite not having any disqualifiers [this was confirmed by the Chief of Police of what is supposedly a gun friendly town] and having met with the Chief face-to-face over a month ago to discuss my application as I am a first time applicant.

At that meeting, he set the expectation with me that I should expect to receive a phone call within two weeks from his office with an indication of his decision. This week marks one month from that meeting and I have called twice and left messages from the Administrator and neither message has been returned. I called the CHSB and, while they would not discuss my application in particular (as they couldn't be sure who I was) they did indicate that they have not recieved an approval or denial from my town since prior to my application date do I know the delay is on the local PD side.

I am starting to get very frustrated. I appreciate that they are busy but I live in a rural central MA town so it's not like they are dealing with lots of crime. 15 weeks seems like an extremely long time to move through this process. Plus the licensing officer talked my up from a FID to an LTC. I really don't see why this is taking so long.

Given that today marks 107 days since my application and I only have 130 days (40 + 90) to file an appeal, I think I had better get going filing that appeal just in case I done't hear back by 130 days.

If someone could post a draft of such petition and some simple steps regarding how to file it I would definitely appreciate it. Perhaps filing it under the assumption that I have been implicitly denied and achieving some sort of judgement (even if it's only for an FID - I just want to go skeet shooting!) might get the ball rolling in some capacity.

If anyone else has suggestions please chime in. I was hoping that this would not get contentious but it seems I have no choice.

Sincere thanks,
David

Do NOT use the drivel fabricated by intermeddling incompetents in the clerk's office. Attleboro's is utter garbage; Worcester isn't much better and Gloucester's, although pretty, is still utterly inadequate.

Moreover, they are all unauthorized forms, created by and for the ill-informed.

If you're going to be playing with the "heavyweights" you'll need an attorney who is expert on gun issues. We have 3 of them here on NES.

I'm new to the board so I don't know who the attorneys are or how to get in touch with them.

So, if you are an attorney on this board please PM or email me. I would like to discuss my situation with you and how to engage you to represent me in this matter.

Thanks!

Boltonguy, try contacting Scrivener, Cross-X or jcohen by sending a private message. They're our three lawyers.

Back
Top Bottom