Does anybody have a hand priming tool they can lend (or sell) me?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I'm doing a reloading class in a couple of weeks and would like to have a hand priming tool for the class.

I don't use one as I do all of my priming on the press, but I'd like to have one for the class.

Does anybody have one they can lend me, or if you have one you don't need, sell to me cheap?

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 RCBS with the tray. one set up for large primers and the other for small.

Jim, I have an RCBS universal one you can borrow. It has a spring loaded shell holder on it that accommodates most cartridges. I could drop it off to you on my way into work. Let me know and I'll gather the accessories for it (I think it has a couple of different inserts and priming rams to accommodate the different sized primers, right now it is set up for large pistol... )

-Mike

Jim, I have an RCBS universal one you can borrow. It has a spring loaded shell holder on it that accommodates most cartridges. I could drop it off to you on my way into work. Let me know and I'll gather the accessories for it (I think it has a couple of different inserts and priming rams to accommodate the different sized primers, right now it is set up for large pistol... )
-Mike

I'll take you up on that Mike. I was actually thinking of buying one of these, but got scared off by some bad reviews. Does it work well?

I'll take you up on that Mike. I was actually thinking of buying one of these, but got scared off by some bad reviews. Does it work well?

It works OK. One problem is the spring that supplies the pressure on the the universal shellholder arms, pushing them inward, has a tendency to liberate itself from one of the two posts that hold it in place, once in awhile. The funny thing is sometimes the spring will stay on there for 400 rounds, other times you might prime 20 rounds and have it come off, and then prime another 200 rounds before it does it again. The design used to hold that spring in place is lacking.

FWIW I also have the standard RCBS priming tool also, that uses the shellholders. That one is easier to use for large primers, but it absolutely sucks for small primers, im not sure why but they tend to jam frequently even with the right insert installed.

I'll get all the parts together and give you a ring when I'm on my way into work, I should be able to get it all in a ziploc bag.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom