• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you guys ever go back looking for the bullet?

StevieP

NES Member
When I shot my buck Friday morning, the slug went right through him.

I know within a thirty-foot radius where the slug must've gone, but couldn't find it just lying there. It's under leaves, or perhaps buried in the soil.

I wouldn't mind going out with a metal detector to find my memento, to keep with the (eventual) European mount I plan to make with the skull & antlers.

Am I alone thinking this would be a cool thing to have? I'd really be interested to see how the slug mushroomed, etc.

Do you guys save 'em?

I've found where a thru and thru shot hit a tree behind a doe I nailed years ago. I caught her leaping behind me, trying to get away and that was all she wrote.

A buddy recovered a slug lodged in a doe's right hind quarter just under the skin, entry point was left shoulder. It was pretty cool looking.

The only thing I ever recovered was a 180gr. RUM slug out of a moose I shot. I don't really care about the deer I the arrows are too expensive if I can reuse it I will and if I find the projectile in a large game animal I will keep that.

Back
Top Bottom