Diy holsters.

Some of my work. Anybody else make their own? Feel free to post them.

IWB light bearing m&p9

duty8ugy.jpg

5" 1911 molle

ysapa7a4.jpg

IWB 5" 1911

zujagaby.jpg

OWB taco style light bearing m&p9

a8y8aru5.jpg

Owb sw1911 e serries

hypy7esu.jpg

Ar15 mag

rydumy6u.jpg

The only bluegun ive used is the 5" 1911. The rest I used my own guns.

Identical results. The only issue was bending the trigger guard of the blue gun under heat and pressure. I simply heated it and bent it back.

Thank you for all the kind words guys.

Ya man those look very good. I have the stuff to start making, but i havent gotten any blue guns. Wasnt sure if my glock and ruger polymer can take that heat directly... seems like the m&p held up well?

Sent from my Apple I

Ya man those look very good. I have the stuff to start making, but i havent gotten any blue guns. Wasnt sure if my glock and ruger polymer can take that heat directly... seems like the m&p held up well?

Sent from my Apple I

Keep your mags in when making the mold. Without the mag the grips can lose shape. I forgot to put a mag in once with my m&p and i had to use the heat gun and some wood blocks to get the mag well back its origional shape.

Ok nice, thanks for the tip. I wanna make one for my lc9. Got some .060, and made a pretty good press. ill try to get to it this week maybe. You doing any for knives yet?

Sent from my Apple I

Very nice!
So what is the price for materials?
Are you saving at least half by DIY?

Starting off it was very expensive because it took alot of trial and error to get the process down. Also, throughout the beginning i went through holsters left and right until i found out exactly what I wanted in a holster.

Id make a holster and then realize a little reshaping could allow a better grip, or a different cut could add comfort or concealability. Etc etc

To me its totally worth it because some key aspects I want in a holster arent also provided by companies. A fully customized one off holster is priceless.

Generally now the leather/kydex holsters run me roughly 30 in parts and the full kydex holsters are 15 to 20.

I get most of my stuff from knifekits.com

Starting off it was very expensive because it took alot of trial and error to get the process down. Also, throughout the beginning i went through holsters left and right until i found out exactly what I wanted in a holster.

Id make a holster and then realize a little reshaping could allow a better grip, or a different cut could add comfort or concealability. Etc etc

To me its totally worth it because some key aspects I want in a holster arent also provided by companies. A fully customized one off holster is priceless.

Generally now the leather/kydex holsters run me roughly 30 in parts and the full kydex holsters are 15 to 20.

I get most of my stuff from knifekits.com

Thanks, I'll check em out!

Back
Top Bottom