• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DIY AR Bandolier

So inspired by M1 Garand bandoliers I thought to myself, why not do one for an AR? Sure there are chest rigs. But I wanted something that could either be thrown over a shoulder, worn like a messenger bag/sling or just grabbed in an on the go situation.

So TAG had a coupon on clearance items, and I hopped on it.
I picked up their Battle Dress Uniform Belt in Black for $6.19 and their MOLLE Double Stacked Shingle (6) Pouch for $21.49. Then $4.99 for shipping.
I wasn't sure what the shingle looked like, so I ordered a couple of carabiners off Amazon that would be dual purpose - clip the belt to the shingle, use the carabiner if a time called for it. The two carabiners were $18.90. Turns out I didn't need them - the shingle came with this built in - sewed strap for attaching to a MOLLE setup.

I still like the carabiners though - and on the front of the shingle you get the added ability to strap on some more MOLLE goodies if needed. But this keeps it minimal and functional. I could always add another (or multiple) 6-mag shingle, if I needed to as well for the cost of another shingle.

JB4sq6y.jpg

TZagdNf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom