• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon XL650 - Needs for 300 Blackout?

MaverickNH

NES Member
I have a Dillon XL650 set up for 556/223 reloading. I'd like to get dedicated toolhead(s), trimmer, dies, etc., for converting 556/223 cases to 300 Blackout cases and loading them. Can I ask a checklist of hardware to get? Thanks!

Don't know if they have a power trimmer for 300 BLK but you have the shell plate so the powder drop tube for ak 47 and the appropriate fl die set.

I think Dillon now has a trimmer plate and dies to cut down brass for 300BLK. I have a third party plate and die set and toolhead dedicating to cutting down, and case forming and another for reloading. I run cases through the resizing and trimming process using the case feeder, brass lubed with lanolin, of course after it dries. You just have to wipe down any residue in the feeder. On the reloading head I use a neck sizing tool to set and uniform the neck diameter and put a slight flare at station 1 then primer, powder, seat and light crimp to remove the flare.

I have only used lil gun as propellant, I like it so much I haven't experimented with anything else. I used all Lake City brass and have had no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Make sure you start with brass that's not too thick, and you should consider annealing after you're done.

Oh yeah - I've been wanting an annealer. Might be just the reason to get one!

Any competition to a Giraud Fluxion to consider?

Last edited:

There are many on the market, this is the one I use good combination of features for the price.

I would never leave it unattended, but I do multitask while it's running.

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
This. Rounds won't chamber if the neck is too thick. I found a list on 300blktalk after figuring this out.

Here's one from my website:

300BLK-Table-1.jpg

What about pre-made Jamison Brass 300 AAC Blackout cases? Specifications below look way over but they may have compensated neck wall thickness?

Specifications:
•Rim Thickness 0.0650
•Rim Diameter 0.3780
•Extractor Groove 0.3260
•Wall Thickness 0.0130
•Case Length 1.3680

Back
Top Bottom