Dillon Super Swage 600 - opinions?

rep308

NES Member
I've always had great luck with stuff from Dillon but was wondering if someone could give their opinion on the Super Swage 600:

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25263/catid/8/Super_Swage_600

A couple of shooters at my club have been mil surp .308 and .30-06 and I now have a lot of brass. How hard is this tool to use and does it have to be bolted to the bench?

It is great. Swapping the swaging heads is a little pain in the arse but it doesn't take long. I
didn't mount mine to the bench. I mounted it on a one inch piece of cherry and then I c-clamp
it to the bench when I am using it. I do this with my Lyman case sizer as well. That way I
don't have a lot of permanent stuff to work around. (My work bench is cluttered enough
without adding to it!)

I have only had it a couple of months and have swaged about 800 pieces of mil .45acp
with it, some .223 and, I purchased some .32 H&R mag brass that must have the sharpest
edge on the primer pocket known to mankind so I took them to the swager and eased the
edge off of the primer pockets (worked like a charm).

Last edited:
Great tool; you'll love it. I bought one because my CH decrimper (a great deal at $22) couldn't handle the strong crimp of the military .223 I bought. So much force was required to remove the crimp that the case rims (the CH holds the case by the rim) were deforming. The Dillon supports the case from the inside so the case rims weren't damaged. The CH is still a good deal for handgun brass.

I use the RCBS swager dies in a single stage press. These work great, it's time consuming when you need to do a lot of cases. I borrowed the Dillon tool from a friend when I needed to decrimp 1000 .223 cases. If he ever asks for it back, I'm going to have to buy one myself.

Back
Top Bottom