Desert Eagles in MA?

Hey,

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are about the Desert Eagles and if Kahr Arms will submit them to the testing in Massachusetts since Magnum Research was bought out by them?

Thanks!

?? My buddy bought a .44 mag D'Eagle in MA no problem. Woulda bought teh .50 but ammo is tuff 2 come byee.

So i don't know if this helps or not... he bought it last year... sayz mAgnum rEsearch ....

(the thing is a beast to shoot BTW but hElla fun. )

so unless they change the design drastically or something, i would assume Kahr would have no issues in MA as well.

O.O

pulp_fiction-bible.jpg

I believe he read the question as "Are desert eagles legal in MA?"

英語で大丈夫ですか

Yes Marcus, and i wasn't sure when Magnum Research was bought out hence the "bought it last year... sayz mAgnum rEsearch"

and i also wasn't sure if the company being bought out meant they would change the name of the manufacturer on the gun OR if they would have to submit to new MA testing because of the buyout and i also offered a brief opinion of the few magazines i consumed in the aforementioned firearm. ^.^

Last edited:
Hey,

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are about the Desert Eagles and if Kahr Arms will submit them to the testing in Massachusetts since Magnum Research was bought out by them?

Thanks!

Kahr has not been very active selling their firearms in MA. They do have one approved handgun that I am aware of, so it is not unheard of.

Desert Eagles are fun to shoot. They are expensive to shoot. The ability to switch between .44 Magnum and .50ae with a barrel and magazine switch is cool.

It seems as though those manufactured in Israel are more collectible and valuable that those made in the US.

I have a stainless in both .44 magnum and .50AE, and shoot them a few times a year for S&G's. Just a cool toy.

You will see them for sale on NES from time to time. I've seen several in the past month. Because there is a lot of novelty factor in owning one, sometimes the novelty wears off and they come up for sale.

Do I think Kahr will offer it for sale in MA... I have my doubts. I can't imagine they sell a lot of them nationally. It probably is not worth their time and effort. Just my opinion though.

Good luck,

Rich

Best,

Rich

Just go out and buy one. They're around, gun shops and FTFs near you. They are slow sellers because of the relative uselessness of the gun. It's a love it or hate it proposition, doesn't get any simpler than that. They'll never be certified here, so you might as well be waiting for pigs to start flying. I've probably seen a dozen or more lightly used ones for sale over the past few years.

ETA: I would highly suggest you shoot one before you consider buying one. You will either love it or hate it. Find someone else that owns one and bribe them with a box of .44 magnum ammo or something. [grin]

-Mike

Last edited:
I have one in 50AE caliber, and love it. Would highly recommend trying one, and then decide if you want it. As to MA compliance question, just forget it.

I have seen a few on Gunbroker.com that are available here in Massachusetts. There is a shop somewhere south of Boston who seems to have them to sell regularly. You can find um quick on gunbroker by searching for "Mass" under the semi handguns section. I saw two there as of yesterday, while I was browsing.

Also AFAIK they are the Isreali made models.

EDIT: As far as I know the dealer on Gunbroker ONLY deals in online transactions, he does not have a storefront.

I have one in. 44 mag that I bought off a fellow member. Imported in 1992 I believe. I my case it's a love hate relationship. I love to own it but hate to shoot it. My DE likes extremely peppy ammo so it's either Magtech or custom made. Neither are cheap. I'd never sell the gun though. Too unique.

Marcia Coakley would probably rather dissolve her 'list' than allow a gun so deadly as the ultra compact fully automatic high capacity 'it shoots through schools' Desert Eagle to be sold new.

They do pop up on NES now and again. I've seen some in stores but I recommend calling around. I'm sure there is one for sale right now somewhere.

If you ever get to Harvard SC, I could bring mine so long as you pay for the $0.50 bullets.[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom