Denied LTC- What are my next options

Update as of 5/28,

My appeal was a success and my denial has been overturned and my license should arrive in 2 weeks. In the 2 months appeal process, the city of boston was hesitant to overturn a denial even if it was by mistake. After my lawyer threaten litigation, the LT decided to allow me to reapply but the denial would stay on my record. We did not agree with the decision and turned it down. My attorney called me today and informed me that the LT called FRB and had my decision reversed. He told my attorney in the future, just take them to court....lol.
Great news!!

As some have said, it's not over until the license is in your wallet, but this sounds promising.

Before you get to excited wait until you have your license in hand. A friend of mine has his license for years and when he applied for his C&R the feds saw a juvenile case and questioned MA why he had a permit to begin with. The state / city immediately revoked his license and he was a Police Officer. He fought it and won. The judge told the issuing city to re-instate his license.......it's been over a year and they refuse to do so.

If it's something that would jam up a "regular" person - say a truck driver, or a clerk - then he should not get the LTC, IMO.

There are a lot of people that have lost LTCs as moribund crap gets digitized.

NOT being anit-cop.....but fair is fair.

If it's something that would jam up a "regular" person - say a truck driver, or a clerk - then he should not get the LTC, IMO.

There are a lot of people that have lost LTCs as moribund crap gets digitized.

NOT being anit-cop.....but fair is fair.

You have no clue at what happened nor do I want to discuss it on the Internet. I also know a few people that had "issues" when they where juveniles and have their permits.

You have no clue at what happened nor do I want to discuss it on the Internet. I also know a few people that had "issues" when they where juveniles and have their permits.

You already let the horse out of the barn and discussed it on the Internet. You expect people to drop it just like that? You have been on this forum long enough to know that doesn't happen. Lighten up Dude you brought this on yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) stop calling the op a liar. He may have supplied inaccurate information but none of us know if he did it intentionally.
2) step number 1. Talk to an attorney. If he feels that you should try to solve it yourself first then great. Have at it. He'll probably also tell you what to say and more importantly what not to say.
3). I had an issue with my town. They sent me a demand for $15,000. I spoke to a friend who is a former attorney and now a politician. Asked him what I should do. After looking into the matter he told me not to get a lawyer. He said the town would cut me a small break but that I basically needed to pay. He told me not to waste money on an attorney. That's not my style. I met with an attorney. 15 minutes into the consultation he asked me a question. I answered no. He told me I wouldn't have to pay. Cost me about $400 in legal fees.
YMMV

Thank you, it was a trying 2 months, and the bombings didn't help out the situation as the LT was gelding the case. But in the end he understood the denial was inappropriate and I should not have been denied for a case of mistaken identity. I supplied all documents and fulfilled every request asked by my attorney. I gues they got tired of him harrassing them, the LT told my attorney to just take them to court next time instead of arbitration.

Congrats Castro. It is a shame that it took so much effort, but it sure does give an indication of your strength of character to follow through.

As I re-read this thread, I can't help but think, I would hate to be a licensing officer in any town. The State deliberately puts them in a position where they know, in many cases, a denial is bs, and will result in hours of extra work.

I am fortunate to live in a town whose policy is to issue an un-restricted class a unless the applicant is disqualified. I hope that never changes.

Back
Top Bottom