Deleted

I'm not a member but was just curious, is there a RO checking to make sure members are only loading 5 rounds into their handguns and 10 into their rifles??

The club has a lot of ROs in the club. Maybe one there, maybe not, when you're shooting. There are a lot of video cameras though and who knows how closely those are checked. The security director is very thorough and ex law enforcement.

I'm not a member but was just curious, is there a RO checking to make sure members are only loading 5 rounds into their handguns and 10 into their rifles??

Not in my experience. Its not as uptight as people make it out to be. Its not a free for all, there's a couple of rules that you're expected to follow but nobody is going to get ejected over 10 rounds in a handgun mag. If you get spoken to and continue to ignore the rule, I'm sure something would come of it but its been pretty laid back each time I've been there since joining. I've been there at least a half dozen times this month for a couple of hours or so each time and haven't encountered any range nazis, and the ROs I have met have all been very cool.

On the website it already says the initiation fee is $250 and the dues are $130 for the total of $380 which obviously reflects the new cost. What was it before? I may go there Sunday with a friend to see if we can't get a tour. I know a few members and talked to them this past Saturday. I guess they added a lot of steel plate which I'm interested in. I like the 24hr indoor range access. I'm not super excited about the 5rd rule which honestly is the only thing I'm having a hard time with. I could see 10rds as being reasonable but 5 just seems ridiculous. I've been looking at clubs for over a year now and can't seem to bring myself to join one because they all seem to have some type of weird quirk with the rules whether it be no jacketed ammo, the capacity limit, etc.

Has anyone tried the new electronic payment system for dues. I paid mine quite a while ago but haven't received any stickers yet.

On the website it already says the initiation fee is $250 and the dues are $130 for the total of $380 which obviously reflects the new cost. What was it before? I may go there Sunday with a friend to see if we can't get a tour. I know a few members and talked to them this past Saturday. I guess they added a lot of steel plate which I'm interested in. I like the 24hr indoor range access. I'm not super excited about the 5rd rule which honestly is the only thing I'm having a hard time with. I could see 10rds as being reasonable but 5 just seems ridiculous. I've been looking at clubs for over a year now and can't seem to bring myself to join one because they all seem to have some type of weird quirk with the rules whether it be no jacketed ammo, the capacity limit, etc.

Annual dues remain the same. Initiation fee went from $200 to $250.

Has anyone tried the new electronic payment system for dues. I paid mine quite a while ago but haven't received any stickers yet.

It was posted on their home web page which you really should check it sometimes.

Anyway, to defray costs the club will not do stickers any more. If you don't pay your access card will be killed and you can't get in.

It would be nice if there was a way to check the status of your payment but that's not possible. I just looked to see if my check was cashed.

If we join before 1/1/15 tho, we pay $200 initiation, 1/12 of the dues which would be around $11, then the $130 dues come 1/1/15 if i read it right?

It is impossible to get voted in or join in 2014 because the joining/voting is done at the general meeting held on the second Thursday of each month. That Thursday has passed and the next one is in Jan. of 2015, hence the new $250 fee plus $130 dues equal $380 to join in January.

It is impossible to get voted in or join in 2014 because the joining/voting is done at the general meeting held on the second Thursday of each month. That Thursday has passed and the next one is in Jan. of 2015, hence the new $250 fee plus $130 dues equal $380 to join in January.

Oh ok I got it now. That's fine. I figure its a long shot but I don't suppose there is any time of talk to go from 5rds to 10rds for the semi autos? I heard your club added a bunch of steel plate. What's your take on it?

It was posted on their home web page which you really should check it sometimes.

Anyway, to defray costs the club will not do stickers any more. If you don't pay your access card will be killed and you can't get in.

It would be nice if there was a way to check the status of your payment but that's not possible. I just looked to see if my check was cashed.
That was posted November 30. I don't check it all the time. I'm too busy on NES. [wink]

Oh ok I got it now. That's fine. I figure its a long shot but I don't suppose there is any time of talk to go from 5rds to 10rds for the semi autos? I heard your club added a bunch of steel plate. What's your take on it?

I kept pushing and got them to allow revolvers to be loaded to capacity no matter how many rounds the revolver holds. That had previously been 5 rounds too.

If enough members got together and emailed the board, maybe the other hand guns can be upgraded. I know some of the board members already think so. We have some members on here but I'm not sure if they want to get involved.

I kept pushing and got them to allow revolvers to be loaded to capacity no matter how many rounds the revolver holds. That had previously been 5 rounds too.

If enough members got together and emailed the board, maybe the other hand guns can be upgraded. I know some of the board members already think so. We have some members on here but I'm not sure if they want to get involved.

That's good to know people are open to the change. It's not 100% a deal breaker but they have to know it does hurt the club a little.

Yes they did add a bunch of steel at 50 yards, wasn't there before. and A bunch more at 100 yards too. I was just there last weekend.

don't get so hung up on 5rd vs 10rd limit. Its really not a big deal. I'm not sure why people get so worked up about this frankly. I switched from a club that had no limit and couldn't be happier here, despite the limit. You don't even notice it after a couple of times.

you obviously haven't seen the facilities and everything the club offers its members

It is nice and gives a lot back to its members. I'm looking forward to the new outdoor pistol range. Have you seen any particulars on what it will be. I've missed the last two meetings, even the big Christmas feast.

Admittedly I haven't seen it. But to be honest once I hear of the restrictions I would have no desire to see it. I am sure it's nice.

What's the troll face for? Because a green member with 2,500 posts read your post and disagrees with the fact that a club imposes more restrictions than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts does on it's LTC-A holders, and would have no interest it seeking membership because of that?

Back
Top Bottom