Defensive Firearm Videos

I made it to Chapter 13 tonight..Needed to take a break. There was some real good info in there. The later videos cover some important ground about getting involved in a a defensive situation, shooting while moving and some other good tips

Drew glad you liked them. I thought more people would have piped in and commented on them. I watched a bunch of them last night and even though it took a while, i was glad I did..learned some interesting things on everyday situations..Im gonna try to walk around more thinking everything around me is Situation Orange..lol.

I watched the first one, but when the presenter starts with a statement like below, then goes on to do something he said you didn't need in the first place by TRAINING YOU, he loses pretty much any credibility, in his first 10 seconds of talking...
What if I was to tell you there's a tool that has the ability to save over a million lives a year and that this tool requires no formal education no specialized training and no college degree.

I haven't watched any of the other ones, but something about learning from a video something as potentially deadly without a qualified instructor to watch over you and correct you where necessary seems a bit off to me.

Well if you think about it, there are a ton of people that CCW that have no training at all with the exception on the Basic Course..I would not take everything on the videos as completely true and trust my life with them, however there are some worth while points and information that is informative..

It is strange to me though that you can watch all those videos and then take the Utah CCW test and get your license..then again there are some courses around here in MA where you never touch/fire a gun when you take the class which I think is completely ridiculous.

Also, watching the calibers chapter and hear him gush about the extreme shock ammo was pretty ridiculous. The most ridiculous is the 'my eyes were fooled' segment, which seems to be a paid commercial for a fanny pack holster product. I clicked on it because I was curious about what the title referred to. Then it shows this blocky black fanny pack that screams gun to me and he says something about how it's unobtrusive and doesn't scream gun. I turned it off at that point.

Comments

I debated about whether to comment of these video clips. Needless to say, but I decided that comments were necessary. This man is a cruel joke and he maKes so many errors that I wondered if he was trying to be a stand up comic. He has his finger on the trigger many times and actually points the gun at the camera man. While at times he says the right thing the reasons that he gives for doing are often wrong.
My reply would be very long if I noted all of the errors that I spotted.
If I was so cash poor that this was to be my only instruction, I would sell my guns

I agree that there is no substitute for going to an actual course. However, you CAN learn a lot from videos if they are easy to understand and contain GOOD information.

The problem with poor videos for a new student is that the student has no way to tell the difference between the jewels and the junk. Simply put, the new student has no frame of reference.
I watch quite a few videos by various trainers and learn and enjoy. In no particular order, the quality videos that I have watched in the last couple of months include:
Rob Pincus - several (these are very inexpensive and i get a new one about every month)
Gunsite - several
Southnarc - all 3
Ron Avery - all 3 in the set
Thunder Ranch - I just got his 6 volume set a( 12 total CDs and will start watching tonight
Matt Burkett - these are focused on competition
Gabe Suarez - These are very well done

Where to get the videos that i mentioned

Gunsite - www.gunsite.com - select the "Pro Shop"
Southnarc - http://www.mdtactical.com/shivworks.htm
Ron Avery - www.brianenos.com
Thunder Ranch -www.americalhandgunner.com
Matt Burkett - www.brownells.com
Gabe Suarez - www.suarezinternational.com
Rob Pincus - These come in the mail from a variety of sources. I do not order them. The cost is between $10.00 and $25.00 which you pay if you like it. Keep an eye out for mailings from the NRA, the Heritage Foundation, Valhalla or ICE Training

None of these videos are free but thay are very well done.

T
Thunder Ranch - I just got his 6 volume set a( 12 total CDs and will start watching tonight

Let me know what you think of these. I've seen some video of Clint Smith online and really like his teaching/speaking style. These videos are a little pricey though at $50 a pop, so it'd be nice to know if they're worth it.

Clint Smith

I saw the defensive Handgun video last night and thought that it was quite good. If you but all 6 the price is less. Be sure to pay attention when the screen says that there is a "Clintism" coming up

Back
Top Bottom