• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deerfield Illinois bans possessions of Assault Weapons

Palladin

NES Member
Deerfield, back in the news!

Deerfield bans assault weapons and high-capacity magazines

Owners of assault weapons living in north suburban Deerfield have until June 13 to remove the firearms from village limits or face daily fines after a ban was approved Monday night.

Violations carry a fine of between $250 and $1,000 per day, according to Matthew Rose, the village attorney. He said the fine is levied each day until there is compliance.

https://www.deerfield.il.us/DocumentCenter/View/1491

American FactFinder - Results

avg income $143k

I hope they hold fast because if it works here you can bet your ass other towns will follow suit.

Already worked in Olmos Park, Texas. People took to the streets with their AR's slung on their shoulders until the police came an arrested them. Their whole claim is that the city had no legal standing to ban something the state acknowledged as lawful. They won, the city councilers had a meeting and reversed the city ordinance.

Isn't Deerfield the mooslim controlled city in Michigan?

Nope.

iu

So, even a Ruger 10 22 would be banned since it has the capacity to accept magazines over 10 rounds.

the ban won't stand up. They are not only banning AR15 types, they are implementing a ban on semi auto handguns and other items. They reached too far. If this is challenged it will be overturned.....

I’m sure our wonderful leaders are watching this closely and will take notes

A buddy of mine lives out that way and said the vote last night was just a rubber stamp. They already made up their minds, just going through the process. He spoke at the review meeting last week along with many other people and said all the right things, that make sense, but all fell on deaf ears. Yet another feel good law and he feel so much safer already! Luckily he's not in Deerfield but a neighboring town so he's stocking up on mags and other items that may be banned and then suddenly lost if his town goes retard full also.

IL has state preemption since the concealed carry bill passed a few years ago. Any existing local AWB was grandfathered. No new local gun laws are allowed (in theory)

It's time for the residents there to go full IRA on their sorry asses. Disappear several people and hang the rest in the public parks.

Wonder how many cops funerals the chief of police is willing to attend before he tells the city council to shove their law up their asses.

It's time for the residents there to go full IRA on their sorry asses. Disappear several people and hang the rest in the public parks.

Wonder how many cops funerals the chief of police is willing to attend before he tells the city council to shove their law up their asses.

I wouldn't do it first, but as soon as the first arrest happens over the 'ordinance' or the first lien is placed due to unpaid fines - then yes, it's game on.

I wouldn't do it first, but as soon as the first arrest happens over the 'ordinance' or the first lien is placed due to unpaid fines - then yes, it's game on.

That's a clear and unambiguous signal for go time. Hope everyone over there remembers where they buried those ammo caches.

I also think that the residents (or anyone near) should make the people who voted for it lives difficult. Hang up wanted signs, park in front of their homes - constantly, if they have real jobs, go and have a chat with their bosses about how they won't buy their stuff anymore - things like that.

the ban won't stand up. They are not only banning AR15 types, they are implementing a ban on semi auto handguns and other items. They reached too far. If this is challenged it will be overturned.....
this is correct

Back
Top Bottom