• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deerfield Illinois bans possessions of Assault Weapons

I also think that the residents (or anyone near) should make the people who voted for it lives difficult. Hang up wanted signs, park in front of their homes - constantly, if they have real jobs, go and have a chat with their bosses about how they won't buy their stuff anymore - things like that.

It seems to works for the Antis. Time to turn the tables and use their own bullshit against them.

200.gif

I wonder why no one ever made a 4th amendment argument since this is clear and unambiguous confiscation without compensation.
I would argue that it is because it is the 5th amendment and not the 4th.

Second Amendment Foundation
The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit against the Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois seeking an injunction against enforcement of the ban on so-called assault weapons and large capacity magazines adopted by the Village Board of Trustees earlier this week.

Joining SAF in the legal challenge is the Illinois State Rifle Association and a private citizen, Daniel Easterday, who resides in the village and is a gun owner. The lawsuit was filed in the 19th Judicial Circuit Court in Lake County. Plaintiffs are represented by Glen Ellyn attorney David Sigale.

I can't believe this shit. How many people like this have power in our country? It's time to start running for local shit again. I remember when I was a kid all the people I looked up to in my family seemed to be involved in local politics and were very concerned for the community. Not so much anymore. We have to change this.

I can't believe this shit. How many people like this have power in our country? It's time to start running for local shit again. I remember when I was a kid all the people I looked up to in my family seemed to be involved in local politics and were very concerned for the community. Not so much anymore. We have to change this.

They have NO power if you don't abide by their dictatorial bullshit.

They have NO power if you don't abide by their dictatorial bullshit.

Must be nice living in a fantasy world. Of course they have power, it may be bullshit but the dumbass laws they write usually have plenty of teeth. Let's say they enforce this thing, fine you $1000 a day for a while, then when you can't or won't pay they take it from you. So on top of stealing your items and destroying them, they hit you with fines, allowing them to either charge you with a crime for nonpayment, or possibly act like the IRS and lock down/drain your bank accounts, or take tax refunds/garnish wages to get paid.

How do you feel you are beating these laws by ignoring them? We are not in a position where fighting the cops who show up to confiscate your stuff will end in you being a hero. No cops will risk their job/pension refusing to enforce these laws. So basically the state screws you over, and your complaints about it go unheeded.

This law takes effect on June 13th.

Gentleman from the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) was on Fox and Friends this am.

From what he said, they are trying to get an injunction to stop this Un-Constitutional crap from happening. From what he said, the town can charge up to $1,000/day and forcibly confiscate anything that they have defined as an "Assault Weapon". Scary shit.

This law takes effect on June 13th.

Gentleman from the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) was on Fox and Friends this am.

From what he said, they are trying to get an injunction to stop this Un-Constitutional crap from happening. From what he said, the town can charge up to $1,000/day and forcibly confiscate anything that they have defined as an "Assault Weapon". Scary shit.

I hope the cops decide to tell the pols to go f*** themselves if they get a confiscation order. There's gonna be blood otherwise.

I hope the cops decide to tell the pols to go f*** themselves if they get a confiscation order. There's gonna be blood otherwise.
Hope so, too. But if they are like MA Cops (from what I have heard), I wouldn't count on it.

Unless they just plan on sending out bills to everyone. Do they have a registration scheme in Ill?

Let's just hope that the injunction is issued.

I just opened up a charter fishing venture in deerfield, $20 for 15 minute trips aboard a vintage row boat for the complete historical experience.

I've heard your vessel is very unstable. Known to capsize on occasion

Roger, most people dont realize its not the boat that is unstable, its the higher center of gravity brought on by the fishing seats that adds a lever like effect and amplifies movement.

How does an ex-post-facto law work there?

Ex post facto is irrelevant. Ex post facto would come into play if it was possible to prosecute someone for possessing banned items before the law was passed. The issue is one of taking private property, not ex-post-facto, when a legally possessed item is banned.
Roger, most people dont realize its not the boat that is unstable, its the higher center of gravity brought on by the fishing seats that adds a lever like effect and amplifies movement.
Amplified further if the fishermen are fully laden with 50 BMGs. This is how terrible boating accidents happen.

Ex post facto is irrelevant. Ex post facto would come into play if it was possible to prosecute someone for possessing banned items before the law was passed. The issue is one of taking private property, not ex-post-facto, when a legally possessed item is banned.

Amplified further if the fishermen are fully laden with 50 BMGs. This is how terrible boating accidents happen.
If I understand correctly, if they tried to get you on the act of purchasing said weapon (legally at the time) that would be ex post facto. Possession, which is what the ban appears to criminalize, is not ex post facto.

No cops will risk their job/pension refusing to enforce these laws.
I had an interesting conversation with a NJ sheriff I know socially about this.

He told me about a gun arrest he did not want to make (someone recreationally shooting a .22) but in his words "I had no choice, since it was called in and not something I came across. No way would I risk my pension by not making the mandated arrest."

He told me about a gun arrest he did not want to make (someone recreationally shooting a .22) but in his words "I had no choice, since it was called in and not something I came across. No way would I risk my pension by not making the mandated arrest."

That NJ sheriff is unfit to hold office and should be removed and prosecuted, as should every other rights violating LEO in the country.
The Bill of Rights trumped that "mandated arrest" the day it was penned.

Sad thing is, if this was allowed to stand, I bet most in the town comply immediately or move. A town issue is too easy to escape, a state issue not as much, a federal one is probably go time.

No way this stands though. The Lexington proposal here was looney, this one is just laughable poorly thought out fantasyland garbage.

But remember, nobody wants to take your guns, just common sense stuff....

Sad thing is, if this was allowed to stand, I bet most in the town comply immediately or move. A town issue is too easy to escape, a state issue not as much, a federal one is probably go time.

No way this stands though. The Lexington proposal here was looney, this one is just laughable poorly thought out fantasyland garbage.

But remember, nobody wants to take your guns, just common sense stuff....
They keep singing that toon, but their actions and their minions (Parkland brats) speak otherwise.

I get the whole not risking your pension thing, but on confiscation day (seems to be everyday now) I hope that LE that, in the process of breaking their oaths to defend and uphold the COTUS, realize that they are supporting the same apparatus that continuously craps all over LE by associating with and supporting BLM and all of the other SJWs.

Also, don't forget what all of these National Anthem protests in pro sports are about. Its not about the flag, its about the thin blue line. That message has been lost in the outrage of desecrating the Stars and Stripes. Yet another attack on LE. Gun owners are, maybe now "were", supporters of LE. Food for thought.

I get the whole not risking your pension thing, but on confiscation day (seems to be everyday now) I hope that LE that, in the process of breaking their oaths to defend and uphold the COTUS, realize that they are supporting the same apparatus that continuously craps all over LE by associating with and supporting BLM and all of the other SJWs.

Also, don't forget what all of these National Anthem protests in pro sports are about. Its not about the flag, its about the thin blue line. That message has been lost in the outrage of desecrating the Stars and Stripes. Yet another attack on LE. Gun owners are, maybe now "were", supporters of LE. Food for thought.
A Cop is a public employee and they will do their "lawful" duty just like in the Military but the key word is LAWFUL. Unless the 2nd is repealed IMHO AWB's are unlawful but this is what happens when liberal Dems get to appoint leftist judges.

Back
Top Bottom