Deer/Weather ?

So I have a question for some of the veteran deer hunters. I am hunting a spot tomorrow that has a field surrounded by woods. I have sat a couple mornings here, hunting over the field that has a lot of tracks and activity. My conclusion is that it may be visited at dusk instead? My question is related to this weather we are having now, into tonight. I was considering going into this spot late morning and venturing a little further into the woods to find a more heavily used game trail instead of hunting my usual 20 yards off the field. I say late morning because I don't think I could find such a spot in the dark, and could still hunt to a spot I found more activity at. So ultimately, my question is, do you think I would be better served to hunt the deeper woods or stay closer to the field, given the weather we are having with the possibilty of snow for tomorrow morning? After all this rain, are they more likey to visit a field or stay in the woods?

What I personally would do would be to go early morning and post up at a spot that I know (say your stand), by sunrise I would push deeper into the woods, and start to track if the snow was on the ground. Personally when there is snow on the ground I like to track, but you do need space for this. It could be a long track. As soon as the tracks turn keep your eyes peeled.

Back
Top Bottom