deer processing thread

I cant seem to find the thread that was floating around not too long ago about places to take your deer to get processed in the central ma area worcester/ hopkinton area ... any one know where a good place to go is , i use Stearns in Charlton but thats kind of far , i heard D'ireccos in worcester will do it but i dunnno , and i thnk i heard of a place in ashland or hopkinton that does it also ... any input ... or better ye .. anyone know where the tread is ?

Arena and sons is the place in Hopkinton, but make sure you split the pelvis and remove bladder and crap shoot be fore you bring it to them.

yes thats it .. ok this is probably dumb but .. isnt it SOP to remove bladder and anus before leaving the woods ? IE field dress ? And isnt it possible to do it with out splitting the pelvis ?

A Arena and Son's in Hopkinton will do it and they are a check station for the deer too, so a one stop shop. I always take everything out of the deer before I leave the woods and split the pelvis. The whole process takes me less than 10 minutes, it's the way I was taught so I can't imagine not doing it that way. I just unzip the deer from sternum to anus, cut the rib cage, cut the pelvis, cut around the anus, cut free the diaphram, flip it, and it all falls out, done, easy and clean. That's just my way, to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom