Deer Hunting in Maine... any suggestions?

I plan to go deer hunting this year and want to hunt in Maine this time around. Does anyone have any suggestions as to good public areas in Maine to hunt? I don't want to go too far north (not past Bangor) or northwest.

I don't want to sound like an ass but as nice as it is hunting up there with no one else around there are more deer to be had here in MA. They are there they just have a lot more room to roam.

i think Brian is right.

Unless you want a guide. if you want a guide, then check out: http://www.oxbowlodge.com/

i talked to them before, and they seem like great people.

i will go Bear hunting with them next year.

I have to say, I feel more "welcomed" while hunting in maine,
(or at least people aren't giving me the finger when they drive by and see me all geared up to kill Bambi..)
Good old Massachusetts, more deer, more moonbats.

I know of a private place up there, PM sent.

The nice part about hunting in Maine is if you see and wooded area with a field around it, go drive up to the farm in front of it and knock on the door and ask if you can hunt the land. Most often they will say yes. They get pissed if you don't ask.

Duke and I have a couple of places and one he has a letter, and the other we ask, every day, so he knows who is in the woods, but he always says yes.

Then there is the huge tracks of lands with no homes around, if it's not posted, hop out and start hunting.

Maine, the way is should be.

I don't want to sound like an ass but as nice as it is hunting up there with no one else around there are more deer to be had here in MA. They are there they just have a lot more room to roam.

I'm sure it'd be easier in MA. However, I want to hunt with a rifle, not a shotgun. Specifically, an LR-308.

? I don't want to go too far north (not past Bangor) or northwest.

It is good that you don't want to go north of Bangor because the deer populations there was been really reduced by a number of harsh winters. There was talk of cancelling deer season in Aroostook county for 5 years to help the deer recover. There will be a deer season this year but alot of hunters are coming south to get their deer. I don't know any spots but wish you luck out there.

I have to say, I feel more "welcomed" while hunting in maine,
(or at least people aren't giving me the finger when they drive by and see me all geared up to kill Bambi..)
Good old Massachusetts, more deer, more moonbats.

I know of a private place up there, PM sent.

I kind of like being unwelcome in MA. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I kind of like being unwelcome in MA. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I know what you mean, I'm personally torn between being a well-behaved advocate of the sport, to wanting to drive through cambridge in blood soaked blaze orange with as many carcasses as I can possibly fit on my vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom