• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deer cutting in Southern NH?

Bt74

NES Member
Just wondering where folks are getting their deer cut in the So. NH area? I've been taking my deer to a place in Goffstown for about the last 6 deer, and picked up this years deer, and was really disappointed...again! Not cut as I requested, even though I specifically requested 1 1/2" thick, bone in, steaks & chops......I got 3/4" bone in steaks, and boneless chops! I was adamant about how thick I wanted them when I dropped the deer off, but, they cut it the way they wanted too, regardless. So.... I'm looking for a new place to have my deer cut...any ideas???

Not sure how Southern your looking for. Try Taylor's Trading Post, I believe it's in Madbury, right near Dover and Brian's Archery. Just dropped a deer there Sat.
Fair warning, he's what I consider expensive AND he didn't cut the deer the way I had requested either (gave me roasts when I said I wouldn't use them, didn't add pork to make sweet sausage like requested). BUT he does an outstanding job of cutting. I've been going there for years based off his cutting and convenience. But I think most of them get into a routine and just zip them out and package them up like they are used to.
If your adamant with him, I assume he will cut it how you request.

Was it the place on Daniel Plummer road? I was going to try them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yep, will NEVER take a deer there again. I don't mind paying 40% more than the going rate for a GOOD job, but when the hack decides to bone out my chops because "there was blood on the ribcage" , note that he's talking about the usual blood that dries in the body cavity. I had SPECIFICALLY told them I wanted bone in. Not only that, when I called to ask WTF is with this, the stupid girl that answers tells me that "chops always are boneless because they come from the backstrap"??????? Then she says the meat was probably damaged from the bullet.....uhhh it was shot from a stand, 16 feet up, entered the left shoulder destroyed the heart, and exited the brisket! HOW THE **** WOULD THAT AFFECT THE BACKSTRAP? There was NO meat damage except for one broken rib. $120 bucks for a hack job that was a ripoff even if it were for free!

Last edited:
There is a guy in Wilton I will be trying

42.850766,-71.744937

Don't have a number but when I went there he had a huge cooler with a couple dozen deer in it and everyone near me told me to go to him

I'm assuming this is Lemay's Butcher?

Try Tim's Custom Cutting. He's also located in Goffstown, not too far from Lemay's on Normand Rd. I personally have not used his services but have heard wonderful things and plan to take mine there (provided I ever see one of those damn critters again this year). He cuts deer, moose, bear and pig.

Tim Glaude
155 Normand rd
Goffstown, NH 03045
603-497-2614

Fitz

There is a guy in Wilton I will be trying

42.850766,-71.744937

Don't have a number but when I went there he had a huge cooler with a couple dozen deer in it and everyone near me told me to go to him

I think it is this guy: Big D Professional Meat Cutting Wilton 603-654-5312

did not answer when I got a bear in Sept. took it to Lemays. they did a great job.

Why not cut it up yourself? It isn't that hard.

I'm seriously concidering that. My hunting partner has wanted to set his garage up for it for a while, go in halves on a bandsay and grinder. When I look back over the last 8 years, I've given Lemay's around $1000, for 6 deer and 2 Russian Boar. I have to admit, the usually do a very good job, but the last 2 deer were very disapointing. I think it boils down to the actual "butcher" that handles your animal. Some are concientious and some are slobs. When the order states 1 1/2" thick, and bone in.....you dont cut it at 3/4" and then bone the chops. The order had those specifics hi-lited in bright yellow. Never again.

I'm seriously concidering that. My hunting partner has wanted to set his garage up for it for a while, go in halves on a bandsay and grinder. When I look back over the last 8 years, I've given Lemay's around $1000, for 6 deer and 2 Russian Boar. I have to admit, the usually do a very good job, but the last 2 deer were very disapointing. I think it boils down to the actual "butcher" that handles your animal. Some are concientious and some are slobs. When the order states 1 1/2" thick, and bone in.....you dont cut it at 3/4" and then bone the chops. The order had those specifics hi-lited in bright yellow. Never again.

You should try it. I do mine myself. It takes me about 3 hours to skin it, butcher it, grind what I want and press it into sausage. Maybe a bit longer if I really take my time getting every bit of sinew off the meat. Honestly, all you need is a sharp knife (VERY SHARP) and small handsaw. I use a Stanley with the staggered teeth and it cuts bone like butter. You appreciate the deer that much more when you do it.

[QUOTE=Boghog "There is a guy in Wilton I will be trying. Don't have a number but when I went there he had a huge cooler with a couple dozen deer in it and everyone near me told me to go to him"

Was it Big D's? How did it come out? Nicely packaged? Pricey?

I got a deer a few weeks ago and used Lemays for it. Was nicely done and packaged. Little pricey but I had no choice as my buddy is deployed to Saudi and he ALWAYS comes up and does EVERYTHING for me. I help package it and grind it. We usually share the harvest between us (He always gets one as well).

I live in Milford and don't want to commute to goffstown so was considering Big D's. PLEASE COMMENT ASAP!!!

Thanks,

I haven't got a deer since 05, I heard about him from the Chappel boys, I assume if they use him he is ok

ETA last guy I used was down in brookline, did ok but it was pricey at 120 for a 190lb buck, but he did save the cape for a mount

Thank you for your prompt reply I really appreciate it. I'm gonna give it a try. Prices are a little better than Lemay too. They also offer same services (fat in hamburg, jerky, sausage, etc.).

Jim's Deer Cutting in Hudson, NH. 98 Pelham Road, Hudson. You can drop off every day after 6PM. He does a great job and with him I am sure that I am getting all of the meat. He has little/to no waste.

Boghog "There is a guy in Wilton I will be trying. Don't have a number but when I went there he had a huge cooler with a couple dozen deer in it and everyone near me told me to go to him" Was it Big D's? How did it come out? Nicely packaged? Pricey? I got a deer a few weeks ago and used Lemays for it. Was nicely done and packaged. Little pricey but I had no choice as my buddy is deployed to Saudi and he ALWAYS comes up and does EVERYTHING for me. I help package it and grind it. We usually share the harvest between us (He always gets one as well). I live in Milford and don't want to commute to goffstown so was considering Big D's. PLEASE COMMENT ASAP!!! Thanks said:
I see this is an old thread but we know several people who take their deer to Darrell. One friend drives up from MA.

Back
Top Bottom