Deals and steals

Last edited:
Anybody who bought the AR Stoner upper have anything bad to say about them? They are $239 as of today with free shipping, so same total as last time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anybody who bought the AR Stoner upper have anything bad to say about them? They are $239 as of today with free shipping, so same total as last time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have one, the machining quality isn't the best but it functions well. Shoots probably 1.5-2 MOA. For that price it's a good budget upper.

I'd really like to see that upper offered without the bcg. I've been hoping to build a dedicated .22 upper and something like that would make it cost effective.

DOLOS deal looks intriguing. Anyone with experience on a 9mm? Does the lack of gas tube affect the connection?

Pantheon Arms DOLOS with FREE Yankee Hill Machine MR7 7.29" Carbine Length Handguard - M-LOK - Black

Kit-DOLOS-YHM-5330_00.jpg

Last edited:
.50 Cal. ammo cans at Costco - at least the Dedham location. They look to be new and are selling for $14.99. And when you open them up you will find a new .30 cal ammo can inside. :)

Pistol ammo only. Max of $5/box and $50 total per FAMILY. It could be a good deal, but you want to be sure you comply before ordering 50,000 rounds or something. It makes it almost as cheap as Blazer.

also
Purchase a minimum of 100 and up to 4,000 rounds of Federal American Eagle FMJ/ball ammunition
(223 Rem. and 5.56x45mm 55 grain or 62 grain) and receive $.05 off per round. Max rebate of $200 per household.

Glock 19 .22 conversion, advantage arms, back in stock and normally hard to find!!! $219 for the G1,2,3.
https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=39803

Ive been looking high and low for these, all are out of stock. Most I've seen have been about 50-75 dollars pricier too. Said they had 20 in stock. Well, 19 now! Probably going to use it to make a dedicated .22 Glock.

Got my advantage arms slide in the mail a few days ago and got it to the range today, thought I post a quick review and range report.

To start, the fit and finish is very good. The machining on the barrel is smooth enough for my tastes on a .22 and there aren't any imperfections or slop to speak of. It's a lot lighter than the standard Glock slide which I'd guess it has to be or else a .22lr wouldn't have a chance of cycling the action.

I tried three kinds of .22 at the range today. Shot 100 cci minimag HP, 50 Remington golden bullet round nose, and 10 American eagle HP. The kit specifically says that HP rounds won't be as reliable as round nose, specifically referring to minimags. Recommended ammo are minimag round nose, golden bullet, and cci ar tactical. Of the 160 rounds I fed it, I had about 6 stoppages. 1 was a fail to feed with the cci, 1 fail to feed with the golden bullet, and the rest were with American eagle. All things considered I was very satisfied with its performance. I didn't expect much from the ae anyway because it sucks, and it was pretty reliable with decent ammo.

Any fault in accuracy was due to my less than stellar pistol skills. Slow fire shots were all in the black and rapid fire all stayed in the outer most ring of the pistol target I was using at a distance of about 10 yards. As an aside, the stoppage I had with the cci was during a mag dump, pulling the trigger as fast as I could. Not sure if that could have contributed to the failure.

Over all id give it a 9/10. One point lost for stoppages, but it's a .22 so I won't cry over it much. Only came with one mag too, but they can be had for about 15-20$ so I'll grab a bunch more for cheap. Perfect option to practice with your Glock, take a newb to the range, or give to an inexperienced shooter as a self defense option. Hope that last one doesn't ruffle any feathers!

Ill probably update this once more when I run a couple more varieties of ammo through, or if, god forbid, I have any major issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the range report Al-Jim19 I'm waiting for one of those now. Do they fit both gen 4 and gen 3? Glocks
There are two different modes that correspond to the Glock generations. One is for gen1-3, the other is specifically gen 4 and are not interchangeable. From what I've seen the gen 4s are a lot more common. I'd probably just guess that's because there are a lot more of the earlier gens out there as well as the polymer80/Timberwolf frames which suck up a lot of gen 3 slides.

For a frame of reference with regard to rarity, I signed up for email notifications last fall I believe for the slide I got. Only came in stock when I posted the deal. Keep a VERY keen eye out for the kit you want, and from what I read avoid the tactical solutions kit.

Are these Beretta gun vaults any good? That's a hefty discount but can't find any reviews.

IDK - I was mostly interested in the simplex locks. The small box does not seem as robust as a FtKnox but its also $70 on sale vs $200 for a FtKnox from Amazon. The larger vault seems to be a good value compared to a V-Line.

update: my Beretta pistol box arrived today - it had V-Line warranty card inside and a not-to-be-trusted Master cable lock. Looks to be this one: V-Line 279-S Compact Handgun Safe. 2012 date inside - must have been sitting in the warehouse for a while. It's about 1/2 price of what they are going for on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/V-Line-Compact-Keyless-Storage-Security/dp/B001H3QGJS It's a one gun box but perfect for what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I was going to post that the locks look VERY similar to the ft knox lock boxes and are probably really decent. For the price, how could you go wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, somebody has to be the first to dig in...it'd be me if I didn't just buy a box for my nightstand a few months back. Similar to your sale price and larger than the handgun safe, but doesn't look quite as robust as the Beretta.

Back
Top Bottom