• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Anybody remember the ZIP drives? I think it was IOMEGA.
I loved my Zip drive. I still have it. It was great for backups.
šŸ¤£I've got a zip drive & 3.5" floppy drive laying around.
I have an Apple II 5.25" I'm looking to unload. Comes with original cardboard box.
Yeah the cartridges sucked. The tiniest little bump against anything and they were toast.
The ZIP disks seemed pretty rugged to me. I never had a problem.

I was in heaven when CD burners came out. That and owning an iMac DV made for some real easy backups and CD burning because the mac was so reliable. My iMac DV still works. I used a 32x pass write re write wipe on the drive when I last formatted the drive so it's all ready for a new owner.

Slotheadslim

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yes they were, and the Jazz drives (1Gb). The Jazz were soooo buggy with corruption, I lost more data on those then I care to think about playing with those at home.

Actually while I said I had problems with the ZIP drives it was a Jazz drive I had problems with in the past. I used it to back up my dad's old Mac to a Jazz drive. Like Reptile said, burning to a CD made life so much better.

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
f***, you guys are annoying! Open your very own mega-nerdsterfire thread with your computer bullshit. Nobody except for the five dungeons and dragons guys on here cares. Seriously, it's getting old. Just imagine a world where nobody gives a shit about what motherboard you were using in 1997. People are coming to this thread to see if they can find a bargain, not what microchip pictures you're beating off to.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
f***, you guys are annoying! Open your very own mega-nerdsterfire thread with your computer bullshit. Nobody except for the five dungeons and dragons guys on here cares. Seriously, it's getting old. Just imagine a world where nobody gives a shit about what motherboard you were using in 1997. People are coming to this thread to see if they can find a bargain, not what microchip pictures you're beating off to.
[rofl]

Keeper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
12x Monocular
Good deal on a monocular for for the range bag for those days when you don't have the time or inclination to set up the spotting scope.
Normally just over $100 and currently $62.

Gosky Monocular

Gets good reviews from birdwatchers and I'll venture to say they're going to be pickier about the optics than targetwatchers,
Mine comes in tomorrow and I'll post what I think.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
12x Monocular
Good deal on a monocular for for the range bag for those days when you don't have the time or inclination to set up the spotting scope.

Gosky Monocular

Gets good reviews from birdwatchers and I'll venture to say they're going to be pickier about the optics than targetwatchers,
Damn, it's back over $100. At 62$ I would have jumped on it.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Damn good rant

jkelly1229

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Go eat some frog legs and baguettes frenchy... we jerk off to amd procs here

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
12x Monocular

Gosky Monocular

An ad for the following monocular has popped up several times. Looks good in the ads but I "thimk" it might belong in the too-good-to-be- true category.

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12x Monocular

Gosky Monocular

or that. $65 now.
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTH769M

chindogg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   1
Level IIIA $99.95 Package.

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about, baby, yeah!

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That seems solid. May get one to leave in the car.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My 3+ stops .308 and green tip 5.56. If I need more than that I'm just gonna put my hands up lol. For $80 more I'm sure they're pretty heavy and bulkier. Not great to leave in my car or give to my wife.

Oh and the 3+ are multi-curve so I can LARP in comfort.

Blueskyday

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I looked at it briefly, and know nothing about the company.....but reddit gundeals banned them for f***ing people over and they have horrible reviews on line....just fyi

Top Bottom