• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Beware of some of these specials.

I lost my shirt trying to resell some expensive optics that I got from Amazon.

Lots of times they are outdated items.

Beware of some of these specials.

I lost my shirt trying to resell some expensive optics that I got from Amazon.

Lots of times they are outdated items.
i thought you were going to post some blowout sale of alpha male or whatever supplements they sell over at the infowars lol

I usually hang back on buying things this close to Black Friday and potential sales but this was what I wanted and the price was right. Besides I got other things to get for Black Friday and as I recall the deals were not all that great last year.

At Primary Arms - Rosco Manufacturing 10.5" Barrel, Gov Profile, Carbine Gas, put it in your cart and the price will show as $99.45

I actually had not heard of Rosco Manufacturing but from what I have read they were exclusively an OEM supplier up until deciding to market their own line a couple years back.
I would say the barrel probably compares to similar Faxon 10.5" 1:8 barrel, except this Rosco is 1:7 twist which is what I wanted. It is supposed to be made completely in house from bar stock to finish in Rhode Island. Anecdotal posts on the web say they have been a supplier to Colt, now is that Colt on a good day or Colt on a bad day, we shall see.

🐯

Last edited:
For those who dont know, federal is doing a black friday rebate on their "Black Pack" products. Buy at least two back pack boxes and get 25$ back, up to 8 boxes. Looks like they also send some other swag from another company for signing up for their emails.

Link was found at classic firearms but it's a direct to consumer rebate from Federal, so it's good on ammo purchases from other vendors.

For those who dont know, federal is doing a black friday rebate on their "Black Pack" products. Buy at least two back pack boxes and get 25$ back, up to 8 boxes. Looks like they also send some other swag from another company for signing up for their emails.

Link was found at classic firearms but it's a direct to consumer rebate from Federal, so it's good on ammo purchases from other vendors.

PSA is also running the Federal "Black Pack" rebate deals:

After rebate prices:
9mm = 12 cents a round
.22LR = 2 cents a round
.45 ACP = 19 cents a round
.223 = 21 cents a round

Are those hearing protectors any good? They look pretty small and thin.

Of course, if you do those with plugs, it might be OK, right?

Palmetto has the Federal Ammo on special, but they are charging 2.5/round for shipping. 9mm for 15/round

Got mine today tried them with my MP-3 player , They fit and work ok, Says that they are rated for a NRR of 23. Will try them at work tomorrow running a really noisy compactor and let you know. Can't get to the range till Wednesday , will try them there then...……………………………….
What NRR is

This is where NRR comes in. Noise reduction rating is a number given to a hearing protector based on how many decibels of protection someone will get when using the protector.
These protection devices have a rating between 0 and around 33, with 33 providing the most protection.
If you want to know how much protection you’ll get against loud noises, take the NRR rating and subtract seven from it. Then, divide by 2. This will be the number of decibels that you will be exposed to as a result of wearing the protection.
Another important thing to note is that you need to be sure that you’re wearing the protection correctly. If you don’t put ear plugs in exactly the way the instructions state, for example, you won’t be receiving as much protection and will be exposed to higher decibels as a result.
It also depends on what kind of activity you will be participating in. For example, if you just want something to help you block out surrounding noises, you won’t need equipment with as high of an NRR rating as someone who works in a factory with loud machinery.

$670 for a jacket??? Damn! I've got expensive taste, but damn. LOL

I'm sure it's worth it for those that need it. It'll just be a chore coat for me. I've got a M65 that does that just fine now.

Last edited:
midway flyer came today, complete A3 upper including bcg $229.99. went on their site, black friday price $199.99 + free shipping w/ promo code.

not the greatest quality, but good enough for what i do.

Federal 9mm @ 14 cents a round (after rebate) with free shipping:

Back
Top Bottom