Deals and steals

Have you used one of these? I’m asking for my father. He’s going to be heading into the woods soon. I am hoping to find him something that will allow him to sit still in a stand. He gets cold and then starts moving too much for his own good.
FYI seems its for Prime members only

Have you used one of these? I’m asking for my father. He’s going to be heading into the woods soon. I am hoping to find him something that will allow him to sit still in a stand. He gets cold and then starts moving too much for his own good.

Not this brand, but purchased a Volt vest for my dad back when he went hunting. Ended up buying a battery powered heated vest for the wife and a heated jacket for my daughter who was working at a skating rink

They are perfect for when you are out in the cold and not able to move around to keep warm

Dang it. Missed it. Went to grab a couple. The local store had them in-stock when I added them to cart but they were gone when I went to check out and they want $150 each shipping to the store or my home.
Oddly enough, they are still on-sale on-line as of this writing and I suspect they will still be on sale on-line tomorrow (Cyber Monday) too... but you will have to find a TSC with unsold safes in stock or that crazy "ship to store" fee kind of ruins the deal. Also, be very aware of shipping damage. TSC treats these safes like farm implements, not gun safes.

Oddly enough, they are still on-sale on-line as of this writing and I suspect they will still be on sale on-line tomorrow (Cyber Monday) too... but you will have to find a TSC with unsold safes in stock or that crazy "ship to store" fee kind of ruins the deal. Also, be very aware of shipping damage. TSC treats these safes like farm implements, not gun safes.
that’s great info thank you. I’m going to hold off for the next sale and go to the store to look at them in person.

I have one of those at the link. The current deal is less than the sale price I paid.
That being said, there are a number of heated vests out there, ranging in different prices and heating surface options. So, you might want to shop around if you want to get a better idea on the different heated vest offerings.

Olights kehd

Deal of the day: OLIGHT Baldr Mini 600 Lumens Rechargeable Weaponlight with Green Beam and White LED Combo, Magnetic USB Compact Tactical Flashlight with Adjustable Rail for GL19, GL45, Sig P320, and so on Amazon.com

2EE2F938-A6C5-4A1E-9C97-5FB593EBA38D.jpeg 6EB992DA-2E06-4E1F-8D80-29D79BF18E60.jpeg

I have used heated socks.
Socks work great, but not sure what size battery you will need for a vest to ebay effective. That thing has a tiny battery.

When I am sitting in a stand, I need to keep my hands and feet warm, then I stay warm. I got electric hand warmers and heated socks. For legs and body I use several layers. For 30 and below, if I will sit all day, I wear 2 layers of thermals + T-shirt + long sleeve sweatshirt + jacket + wind breaker. Same with pants, I wear 2 layers of thermals + pants and some wind breaker pants. I stay warm AF. But it is difficult to move. I can barely get on the truck, LOL.

Last edited:
About a decade ago I had Duracell AAs leak, haven’t had any issues since then.
Same, because I stopped using them.

Just opened up the battery compartment on a laser level I have yesterday. Duracells leaked, and so now it's junk.

^^^that worked on the last thing I had (an LED flashlight) that alkalines frothed into non-working condition.

I've got a similar one. I'd say it helps a bit, but it's not going to make the difference between freezing & toasty.

I didn't do the math till after, but it can only put out so much heat. It's running 5 volts at 2 amps over USB. Watts = volts x amps, so at best you're getting 10 watts of heat out of it. By contrast, a person just existing - not exercising - is supposed to generate about 100 watts. Since this is under some layers the heat does get trapped, so its more efficient than sitting in front of a 10 watt heater would be, but don't expect miracles.

Vortex Optics Diamondback HP Rifle Scope 4-16x 42mm Side Focus Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Matte

$480 down to $200​

Decent glass from reviews, supposedly a step up from crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom