• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

$60 Anderson BCG

$60 Anderson BCG
What is the quality like on these? What does "non RF85 treated" mean?

What is the quality like on these? What does "non RF85 treated" mean?

And Or kerosene cans.
I can't seem to find any kerosene cans any less stupid than the new gas cans.

It's been a few years but I think I paid ~$18 ea for KTM branded VP cans at Wagner Motorsports in Worcester. Hit and miss for deals at Wagner- sometimes parts are very reasonable and other times the pricing is ridiculous.

I suppose you are right. I mean, these either work or they don't. "Mil-spec" is "Mil-spec", so if they are in spec, then they are in spec.
It will be a good spare for that price. Just make sure it works when you get it, I'm sure it will be fine. I bought an complete anderson last year, no issues so far.

Get most of my vp and kero cans at the dump. Some folk either burn vp in their sleds a few times a year, and/or have a small cabin heated by 5 gallon kero that they burn 4 or 5 cans a year in. These cans usually get disposed of at the dump in May, like clock work. These kero cans are the duplicate of VP cans.

Get most of my vp and kero cans at the dump. Some folk either burn vp in their sleds a few times a year, and/or have a small cabin heated by 5 gallon kero that they burn 4 or 5 cans a year in. These cans usually get disposed of at the dump in May, like clock work. These kero cans are the duplicate of VP cans.
Why would people use cans and then just toss them?

That is just how they operate, they only go to their cabins a few times a year, and only use their sleds a few times a year. Come spring, they clean up. I am lucky to get the new cans for free.
Crazy. And then they just buy new shit next year? These people mustve bought Apple at $8

Why would people use cans and then just toss them?
The dump in Nantucket has picking hours, they call it the Madaket mall. I used to get stuff down there and sell it. People would toss mopeds because of a clogged carb. I would clean it and sell it for a 100. I don't know if people registered them but they went quick. Same with microwaves, people would leave a spoon or something and blow a fuse. Replace the fuse and sell for 25..I loved the dump.

The dump in Nantucket has picking hours, they call it the Madaket mall. I used to get stuff down there and sell it. People would toss mopeds because of a clogged carb. I would clean it and sell it for a 100. I don't know if people registered them but they went quick. Same with microwaves, people would leave a spoon or something and blow a fuse. Replace the fuse and sell for 25..I loved the dump.
We had a guy in work who would pull vacuums out of the trash, take them apart, spend a few minutes pulling dust-bergs out of the elbows inside the vac, put in a new filter and it would work like brand new.

I took a small engine course once. There were a small group of retired guys who were there for a while. To them it was just something to do on a Tuesday night. They would patrol the different towns on trash days and bring what they found to class. More than half the time it was a quick fix and the thing would be up and running again.

We had a guy in work who would pull vacuums out of the trash, take them apart, spend a few minutes pulling dust-bergs out of the elbows inside the vac, put in a new filter and it would work like brand new.

I took a small engine course once. There were a small group of retired guys who were there for a while. To them it was just something to do on a Tuesday night. They would patrol the different towns on trash days and bring what they found to class. More than half the time it was a quick fix and the thing would be up and running again.
I used to fix old electrolux vacuums that i would find, usually a broken wire or bad belt. It would cost 10 to fix it and I don't think I got less than 75 when I would sell them. Same thing with washing machines, I would stick with GE and go to the dump and strip the machines of valves and pumps and timers and repair old machines. It was easy money but the things were simple back then to work on.

AR Stoner is on clearance at Midway. Check out this 556 upper. $360! EDIT: includes BCG. And reviews show thats its accurate at 100yds.

1641865787807.png

Last edited:
AR Stoner is on clearance at Midway. Check out this 556 upper. $360! No bcg, but reviews show thats its accurate at 100yds.

View attachment 562928
Actually it does include a BCG.
This AR-STONER upper features a mil-spec bolt carrier group and a M4 profile barrel.
ETA I got one of the now discontinued predecessors to this on closeout for $300. Totally serviceable.

My order came in today. They seem decent. I was concerned they were going to be flimsy, but it's a decent guage steel and the follower spring is good strength.

They have anti tilt followers too, those alone are worth the price of the whole magazine.

Back
Top Bottom