• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

M1 carbine mags on clearance at Larry's. I'm not an M1 guy so I have no idea how good this deal is, showed up in my inbox and I'm passing it along

promag?
hmm no.
read the reviews

the fact that promag still exists is proof that most people never use their firearms

Mag sale at TS. Pmag G17 for $5.54? Pretty cheap. Fun sticks are $18.00. Need Prime acct of course.
Those are "back-up-the-truck" prices. OEM G19 mags for $13, OEM happy sticks for $18, Magpuls for $5.

Whats the deal with different gen mags? I know the newer ones have the notch for the mag release on both sides, but will they all work regardless of the generation of the mag or pistol? Gen4-5 mag works ok on a Gen2,3 pistol? Any reason why the follower colors are different?

Last edited:
Those are "back-up-the-truck" prices. OEM G19 mags for $13, happy sticks for $18, Magpuls for $5.

Whats the deal with different gen mags? I know the newer ones have the notch for the mag release on both sides, but will they all work regardless of the generation of the mag or pistol? Gen4-5 mag works ok on a Gen2,3 pistol?
no issues in functionality I believe. Gen5’s have the orange follower vs black and the extended front lip on the baseplate. to my knowledge those are the only differences.

Fair enough. I dont own any ProMag (although Ive heard the stories) and I dont own an M1 carbine. Just saw the sale and figured Id pass it on.
TBF I only own the one, but that's enough: when I finished my first AR, I needed something to function check with. The nearest LGS had them cheap and I didn't know better, so I bought a 10-rounder. Stuck it in the magwell, and it went in too far. Had to disassemble the rifle to get it out.
Now I only use it to demo in classes: first, here's how to un/load it; next, note that this 10-rd mag is barely smaller than this 30-rd mag.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with different gen mags? I know the newer ones have the notch for the mag release on both sides, but will they all work regardless of the generation of the mag or pistol? Gen4-5 mag works ok on a Gen2,3 pistol? Any reason why the follower colors are different?
The 19X is the only gun I’ve read multiple people say has fitment issues with gen5 magazines. Everything else seems to work fine.

gen 5 mags do not work in a 19X and only a 19x due to the lip on the grip and the gen 5 baseplates. I can't tell the difference when actually shooting between the very small differences as far as baseplate size.

gen 5 also have orange followers which doesn't make a difference to me.

Vermont has a 15 round capacity for handguns and 10 rounds for rifle.

It’s almost unenforceable and to this day dealers are still selling new mags from what I’ve seen and been told.

It sucks to see more states fall to this bullshit along with Colorado and Virginia.

If they were existing in the state they are grandfathered so good luck with anything that’s not date stamped or easily proved as new type or style.

Some how I managed to post this in the Target Sports thread. Here is where it should be.

Bereli is having another sale on the Sig Romeo red dot with the Juliet magnifier, $219.99 for the combo. I got one last year for $249.99 and even at that price it was well worth it. Put it on an inexpensive AR build. At $220 I just might pick up another.

Here is a decent review of the combo:

Thanks!!!!

Just grabbed one. looks like a nice price for an upper complete with a CH and BCG.....
Noreaster13 said:
I don't know if these are any good or not, popped up in my emails this morning

Radical Firearms 5.56 SOCOM Complete Upper - RPR M-LOK Handguard - 16"

DetailsThe Radical Firearms AR-15 upper receiver assembly comes ready out of the box to attach to any Mil-Spec lower receiver. It has a forged M4 railed upper, so you can easily attach scopes and red dot sights to the MIL-STD rail. The upper receiver includes the bolt carrier group, MIL-STD...
www.primaryarms.com
View attachment 517324

0.jpg
Got it last week. Really pretty nice for $349 WITH the BCG and CH.

And they ship to MA....

It's back up at $369

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom