• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Nobody refers to brass for reloading as sold by the case. That's ammo nomenclature.
I believe you. Of course what he said is
1,000 pieces of 9mm brand-new brass
which says nothing about a case. Admittedly, I'm not a reloader, I have no idea what the standard jargon is, so I'm prepared to be wrong here...

A local gun shop is offering - NO LIMIT 1,000 pieces of 9mm brand-new brass for. . . . $750. Is that a deal??? Or a steal??? LOL

If I'm reading that right, and I'd ask @Dennis in MA for confirmation, are they selling just the brass cases? Or the entire cartridge.

A few months back I bout 5000 Starline 9mm brass cases for about $500.

I believe you. Of course what he said is

which says nothing about a case. Admittedly, I'm not a reloader, I have no idea what the standard jargon is, so I'm prepared to be wrong here...

Yeah later he added
1000 round cases of DRZ 9mm brass ready for tomorrow. Buy as many as you want.
773 credit card
750 cash
plus tax

So two things in that post read ammo to me - "round" - Empty brass isn't a round and not typically sold by "cases".

If it was listed as 1000 pieces then I think we'd be talking empty brass and insanity too at 75c/each lol

Yeah later he added
1000 round cases of DRZ 9mm brass ready for tomorrow. Buy as many as you want.
773 credit card
750 cash
plus tax

So two things in that post read ammo to me - "round" - Empty brass isn't a round and not typically sold by "cases".

If it was listed as 1000 pieces then I think we'd be talking empty brass and insanity too at 75c/each lol
Gotcha. I didn't see the ad.

Happy (I think?) to be wrong.

Well if they are paying $600-650 for a case, they do have to make a profit to stay in business. Everyone cries about stores going under at the same time whining about prices.
And remember that lots of gun owners aren't aware of TSUSA or any of the other places that will ship ammo. We can't all be NES'ers!

Internet-ignorant folks need ammo too!

Color me wrong. The pic is hard to distinguish but sure looks more like a box of 1,000 cases instead of 1,000 rounds of ammo. No markings of bullet weight or anything. I'm glad to be wrong. LOL. (Although I've seen places selling smaller lots of brass for not much less per piece.)

1621541884580.png

No matter how many lowers you have stocked up, they won't do you any good if you don't have tooling to complete them.

We're running 10% off all of our jig tooling THIS WEEK ONLY. Stock up now with coupon:

DRILLIT

You need 2 things to make real money in the ammo business, the ability to go from raw materials to finished product, and volume. Look into what that takes and the supply chain, then get back to us.

The big boys have their supplies locked up and are running equipment from back during WW2.
You do understand sarcasm..

Now I have to decide if I'm gonna be Todd Hoffman, Dave Turin or Special Forces Fred. I mean, if I'm not gonna find gold, I gotta have an interesting personality to keep me on the show. ;). (In those Parker's Adventures shows, Fred seems the least SF guy in the world. And the least medic'y medic. Someone gets hurt and he's almost crying. Bad dudes show up and he's freaking out like they're not gonna get out of there. Just so strange. I like Fred a lot. But he doesn't exude his experience.)

Where can we pan for gold around here, other than the old streams that ran under the mills in North Attleboro?
Go to the Assabet River beside the Mill in Maynard. We used to lose a lot of gold on the plating line (DEC) back in the 1980s. It would spill and leak thru the cracks and holes in the floor into the Assabet. I'm not kidding either. I was a supervisor in the Board Shop back then and it was a serious topic of discussion. One night after very heavy flooding rains, the Assabet built up enough pressure that a (~6") wooden plug in the floor of my silk screening room popped like a champagne cork and created a mini-geyser in the room. We ended up with ~4" of water in that room.

Go to the Assabet River beside the Mill in Maynard. We used to lose a lot of gold on the plating line (DEC) back in the 1980s. It would spill and leak thru the cracks and holes in the floor into the Assabet. I'm not kidding either. I was a supervisor in the Board Shop back then and it was a serious topic of discussion. One night after very heavy flooding rains, the Assabet built up enough pressure that a (~6") wooden plug in the floor of my silk screening room popped like a champagne cork and created a mini-geyser in the room. We ended up with ~4" of water in that room.
The same thing would happen in North Attleboro but they put a stop to it because along with the gold, they stirred up a bunch of toxins that the jewelry companies were using to process the gold

WTF! It's standard practice in industrial facilities working with precious metals that the floors have special drains and boot washes with traps to capture the precious metal shavings and dust. Same with vacuums at equipment and boot drying stations. DEC was really through money down the drain? Yikes!

MFS got a bunch of Shields, if anybody was craving for them, also Taurus G3C for $299 and a Legion SAO P226 for $1199.99 :)
1621617694140.png

The same thing would happen in North Attleboro but they put a stop to it because along with the gold, they stirred up a bunch of toxins that the jewelry companies were using to process the gold
I heard about company that bought a building that used to be a jewelry polisher. They took up the floor boards, burned them and were left with $100,000 worth of gold particles.

Back
Top Bottom