Dealers in the Worcester area

richc

NES Member
I'll be spending a Saturday in Worcester in a a couple of weeks. My kids have advanced to a state tournament for Destination Imagination. We'll have large chunks of down time between performances.

Just wondering what good gun shops are reasonable close to Worcester if I were able to sneak away for an hour or two.

Thanks,

Rich

Gun Room in Shrewsbury. Better look here first, though.

I'm familiar with the so-called customer service at the Gun Room. A few years back they chewed my buddy a new one.

As their reputation precedes them I'll likely pass on that experience.

Thanks,

Rich

Not to Troll (I'm not really).

I personally have never had any issue with the Gun Room. They are an old timers place. Smells like it, no one stroking your ego, no one telling you what you want to hear. The prices are marked well, if you don't like it. You don't buy it. I've personally never wanted to hang out in a gun store for hours talking with the people behind the counter. I like to go in, buy what I want then go shoot it.

If you still don't want to see for yourself, there is K&R Target in Hudson, Callaghans in Marlboro (although the door was locked on friday), First Defense in Uxbridge, Larocca in Downtown, Tite Group in Northboro.

If you go to Titegroup, call first to make sure Mike is there. Not much to browse either as he doesn't stock alot in the store.

I still say go to the Gun Room and check it out for yourself. At least you'll have a story.

I'll be spending a Saturday in Worcester in a a couple of weeks. My kids have advanced to a state tournament for Destination Imagination. We'll have large chunks of down time between performances.

Just wondering what good gun shops are reasonable close to Worcester if I were able to sneak away for an hour or two.

Thanks,

Rich

That's a great idea. My daughter's team is competing at the state DI competition also. That sounds like a great way to kill some time.

Mike LaRocca's store is less than a mile from the DI competition. But be advised, their web site lists their location as 51 Union Place. I believe it is really on Union Street, which is near the police station at Lincoln Sq.

The Gun Room is about 4 miles east on Rte 9, but could take a little while to get to and back due the number of traffic lights and heavy traffic on a Saturday.

Good luck to your kids at DI!!

First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge is about 20 minutes south of the city. Rte 146 to Rt 16

There are two shops 15min South down 290/395, SPARKY'S and BOB'S both on Rte. 16, then take Rte. 16 East 20min and hit FIRST DEFENSE in Uxbridge and 20min North up Rte. 146 and your back in Worcester and have hit three nice shops!

Back
Top Bottom