Davis P-380

NES Member
I know this is considered a junk gun, but here are my feelings on this rebuild. Everybody wants there Cadillac to be the best looking one, I support that and think its great...But every once in a while you see a old Pinto rolling down the road that someone totally restored and made look real sweet. That's what I wanted to do. This is my Pinto. I paid 25 bucks for it. Suggestions and criticism welcome.

I forgot to take a picture before I started so I grabbed one from the PBS website. And people say liberal media is good for nothing.

Heres what I started with of what it looked like when I started ( thank you PBS )
3.jpg

Here are some pics of it all stripped down and ready for new powder. I am Dropping it off tomorrow morning to get refinished.
1jpgw300h212.jpg

2jpgw300h242.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should ask, I just went to the range this week to test fire. I had a Teflon coat put on instead of powder. Worked great new pics will be up soon. Any sudjestions on grips anyone, Factory ones are plastic. Is there a good paint I can use one them. What about an Epoxy spray?

This is a Teflon coat I am still trying to figure out what to doo for grips. I want to like a kahki or olive green color.

davis_after.jpg

davis_after2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom