• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Danvers fish and game Jr archery

I've heard that Danvers fish and game runs an instructional juniors archery program that starts in January. Wondering if anyone knew any more about it. I found mention of it on their website, but not much information.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did it when I was growing up as an extra night to practice while I was in JOAD. The "instruction" is more of babysitting (or at least it was back then). They teach the basics on how to safely shoot, decent form, but it is by no means a serious archery program. My buddy and I were the only 2 shooting with quality compound bows, and the only ones with sights etc. It is a fun time though!

I'm not looking for my kid to become an Olympic archer. He's 7 and got to try archery this past summer for the first time at cub scout camp. He loved it and wants more.

If that's what he is looking for, it will be a great program for him. Enrollment was quite high back in the day- great way to build relationships in the sport for the future!

Its a great program they run and the kids have a ball shooting for prizes. My son just did his second year of it and enjoys it. And its not a babysitting service like mentioned above, parents are required to stay while their child is in class.

Its a great program they run and the kids have a ball shooting for prizes. My son just did his second year of it and enjoys it. And its not a babysitting service like mentioned above, parents are required to stay while their child is in class.
Do the kids need to have any equipment? Can I sign up early for better chances of getting him in, I'm not a member of the club.

Back
Top Bottom