• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Damn, I Missed It

ToddDubya

NES Member
I was upstairs last evening when I thought I heard something downstairs. I listened again and heard someone knocking on the door. Five seconds later I was in and out of the safe. I made a bee-line to the front window to see if there were any cars in the driveway. Nope, but there was a UPS truck in the road. I went downstairs and the "perp" was gone. I was still suspicious because I wasn't expecting any packages and I rarely get people at the door.

This morning I went outside and spotted the UPS tag. They were trying to deliver a package from RRA - Rock River Arms.

DAMN IT! My upper was at the door and because I'm so paranoid I won't have it until Monday [sad2].

ETA: I wasn't expecting it for at least another two months, so it caught me totally off guard.

[laugh] nothing wrong with a little foil, especially if you weren't' expecting anyone.

but yes, i think you are paranoid. [rofl]

Okay, "alert" may be a better term. It was dark and I wasn't expecting anyone. That still doesn't bring the upper back to the door.

I want to give a big major shoutout to the Fort Knox pistol box. I was able to open it easily in the dark and everything was where I expected it to be. I may be cautious, but answering the door with the 870 is a little too nutty even for me.

Okay, "alert" may be a better term. It was dark and I wasn't expecting anyone. That still doesn't bring the upper back to the door.

I want to give a big major shoutout to the Fort Knox pistol box. I was able to open it easily in the dark and everything was where I expected it to be. I may be cautious, but answering the door with the 870 is a little too nutty even for me.

too killy? [laugh]

wait was it a preban ups truck.... Those scare me on the highways.... Where are the doors creepy..........

wait was it a preban ups truck.... Those scare me on the highways.... Where are the doors creepy..........

I've heard that those pre-ban trucks have a payload capacity of over 10 tons. If they decide to crash into you all the extra weight kills you better. Stay safe out there [thumbsup]

Great story my friend. I wouldn't be too careful with all the crazy shit going on in this world so I think you get a pass here. On the other hand, you almost shot a delivery guy/woman that was just trying to get your AR build finished. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom