Custom Mosin Nagant

Here is a completely sandblasted receiver/barrel assembly. It looks like stainless steel now. It has been well oiled so that it will not rust, I hope. I may have to clear coat it someday to keep it from rusting. Have no fear collectors. This Remington Mosin was already butchered prior to me making this baby. The barrel was already cutdown from 31" to 24" before I shortened it to 19" and modified the rest of it. The end of the barrel has been counterbored 3 inches and cross drilled to make a built in muzzle brake. The bolt handle was moved rearward to allow the welding of the rear block for a scope mount. The receiver was notched for the new bolt handle location. The bolt was lightened by 5 ounces. All I need now is a matte finish scope mount and scope to complete the rifle. This rifle will shoot two inch groups with handloads at 100 yards. The bore is oversize and I need to reload using .303 British heads for it. I may put a camo stock on it in the future.

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

Interesting rig and a clever idea with the bolt handle.
The scope is a little high, by my tastes, but should work with a raised cheekpiece.
Is the front scope base welded or screwed in place?

Interesting rig and a clever idea with the bolt handle.
The scope is a little high, by my tastes, but should work with a raised cheekpiece.
Is the front scope base welded or screwed in place?

Both bases are welded to the receiver. The scope is really not that bad. Shoot a Russian sniper rifle and you will see what I mean.

MrTwigg, This rifle will hold a 2" group at 100 yards using handloads. The barrel has only 16 inches of rifleing.

Last edited:
Nice Job!!!!! I love the look!!! I hope she doesn't rust up on you. But it looks GREAT!!!!!!!

Thanks, I will sandblast it again if it starts to rust up. The only other option would be to bake a satin finish on it. I want to keep it that color.

Both bases are welded to the receiver. The scope is really not that bad. Shoot a Russian sniper rifle and you will see what I mean.

MrTwigg, This rifle will hold a 2" group at 100 yards using handloads. The barrel has only 16 inches of rifleing.

Niiiiiice ! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom