Custom molded ear plugs

I also have the hearsafe. They are great. I use a qtip with a drop baby to wipe my ears before putting them in. That makes it easy to get them in and out for conversation. I use them while mowing or when using any power equipment.

My name is Stephen Brown of Ear Safety Systems Im the Insta-Mold Ear Plug rep for the New England area and Ican help you anytime you want.

heres my info give me a call or email and i can answer any of your question. Check ou the web site

Stephen Brown
Ear Safety Systems
617-429 4596
[email protected]
www.EarSafetySystems.com

I have a set from Mike that I got at the NER IDPA in 2009. They're still going strong. If I need another set, I'd either go back to Mike or give Steve a call.

I have a set that was made back in 1999 and they still work perfectly to this day. They recommend that you have them check after a couple years since your ears tend to change over time. Just wash them with warm soapy water and dry them off and put them back in the case and they are ready for their next use.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

I have a set of Mike's plugs and they work decent. That said, I still end up wearing muffs over them because I find that they don't quite provide enough attenuation. He built them up a bit for me, which helps, but I still need the extra boost provided by a set of muffs. I think results also might vary depending on the shape of your ears and such. The best part about the plugs is that you can wear them all day and they won't bug you. I find that 30+ NRR foamies work better, but they get painful after a couple of hours. I only end up wearing the throwaways when shooting rifles for an extended period of time.

-Mike

They make little "valves" (for lack of a better word) that can be installed in the plugs that does that. They can be retrofitted into an existing pair of plugs, but they are a bit steep in price though.

(I know this because when I heard the price I opted not to get them and Steve told me I could always add them later if I wanted.)

I have a set that has the pass throughs on them and reviewed them a while ago on NES.

My opinion is that they are not enough for when others are shooting rifle or you are noise sensitive. Great during quiet times as I never remove them though. I still havent tried them with active muffs but to me this seems to be the best solution for real loud stuff or inside.

Appointment went very well. He was awesome. Since I have a busy schedule I opted to have them mailed should have them by the end of this week. I will give a review of my own once I have a chance to field them.

The best pair I have used was made by an ear doctor. I had a set made at a gun show and they were not nearly as comfortable. I wear them for all types of shooting outdoors.

Appointment went very well. He was awesome. Since I have a busy schedule I opted to have them mailed should have them by the end of this week. I will give a review of my own once I have a chance to field them.

Just realized I never came back to give my take on these customs.

THEY ARE FREAKING FANTASTIC... Don't think about getting them. GET THEM.
Most comfortable I have been at the range in years. Fit perfect, sound level is kept to a bare minimum in fact I have to remove them to hear a conversation. I highly recommend this product to every shooter.

Here is the information on who I used:

Michael Maal makes them
http://www.hearsafe-usa.com/about_us
his contact info is

Michael Maal
HEARSafe, an EAR Inc. Partner
Distributor/Manufacturer of Insta-Mold Custom Fit Earplugs
Custom fitted earplugs, hearing protection and communications devices for any environment
Mobile: (508) 816-3734
[email protected]

Last edited:
I had the guy at the gun show make me a pair

Just waiting for them to ship.

Worse part was the flashlight guy next to him, had to listen to him the whole time

100lumens 200 lumens. Strobe. Used by navy seals. I wanted to punch him

Ha! I got some too, and that frigging flashlight guy was completely obnoxious. Did you know those were the lights used by the Navy SEALS? For only $20. TWENTY DOLLARS??????

I was glad when I finally had both plugs in.....

My name is Stephen Brown of Ear Safety Systems Im the Insta-Mold Ear Plug rep for the New England area and Ican help you anytime you want.

heres my info give me a call or email and i can answer any of your question. Check ou the web site

Stephen Brown
Ear Safety Systems
617-429 4596
[email protected]
www.EarSafetySystems.com

As I was leaving the range at MRA yesterday, Steve was in the lounge making a set of plugs for a customer. After a brief chat I figured WTH and went for it. Less than 45 min later I was heading home with them. Tried them out today. WOW! Seven shooters on the indoor range and they were awesome! Worth every penny!
[thumbsup]

Finally used the pair I had made. Took a little to get them in but now it's easy

Worked great at indoor range by myself. Couldn't believe how quite and comfy

Highly recommend

Back
Top Bottom