CT: Smoke pot, lose guns, period. Here's the officlal letter. Can MA be far behind?

Tell him to drop the MJ card then

He made his choice... likes his weed
I agree that the cop did the right thing. Knowing his history with the police and the officer. Not so much him directly rather than the people he ran with in the past. This cop could have easily taken his application and handed a denial and made things more difficult for him in the future if he decided to drop the weed and caregiver/grow permit.

Last edited:
Can't make a citizen's arrest for a misdemeanor which OUI is. IDGAF about what you put into your body but there are consequences for making certain choices. The Ops letter speaks of conviction.. MA is a whole other mess.

Here's what I'd like to do. Get as many people together and wait outside the bars, restaurants or where ever that alcohol drinking politician is having there liquid lunch and wait for them to exit the establishment and do a citizens arrest for being under the influence of alcohol once they start driving there cars. Now turn in that license and start walking bitches.
In Mass, you will be the one in cuffs.

Our last president, admited to smokeing weed and using coicaine and was a fellow gun owner who didnt want to take our guns.....i wonder how he responded to his revocation letter.

Don't get a card.... Grow your own instead. That's what I would do were I a patient. Don't know about other states but in MA you can have up to 12 plants. That's producing POUNDS every couple months.
But hey.... I guess they could always use Oxy for pain management. That's a much better solution in .Gov's eyes....[thinking]

This is the same route they will take with Veterans eventually IMO, anything to deny firearms to anybody. You have a VA card? On medication? Denied.
Please see form 3 for where to turn in your firearms, and thank you for your service. Next!

I believe they (some govt entity or state) tried to do this with certsin anti-anxiety drugs.

Can't make a citizen's arrest for a misdemeanor which OUI is. IDGAF about what you put into your body but there are consequences for making certain choices. The Ops letter speaks of conviction.. MA is a whole other mess.

IDK. But I bet of you start having the police show up at the bars the polls frequent it would have the same effect.

Basically scout out the bar, when the poll leaves call the cops and report a drink driver. Provide the plate number. Wait for the fun.

Hey all you illiterate statists... There was no mention of anything other than the words "incident" and "conviction" with the OP putting the "weedeater" cherry on top. try reading more and posting crap less...

Plus, the decriminalization law (when it was in effect) specifically prohibited any state entity or agent from using a MJ civil citation as the basis for denial of any license or state benefit.

There was NO downside to those tickets. There wasn't any penalty for not paying. The worst that could happen is that you tear up the ticket in front of the officer who gave it to you, and they gave you another ticket for littering.

Hey all you illiterate statists... There was no mention of anything other than the words "incident" and "conviction" with the OP putting the "weedeater" cherry on top. try reading more and posting crap less...

According to the guy on AR15.com (the source of the letter):

That's right folks. Seen an actual letter from CT state police demanding firearms repossession after a fellow paid an infraction for possession of Marijuana.

No felony conviction, no misdeamenor conviction.

The person in question simply paid the infraction ticket he was handed for possession. A small roach as I understand it.

. An infraction mind you in the state of CT is not a crime, it's a violation...same as a speeding ticket.

No felony conviction, no misdeamenor conviction.

The person in question simply paid the infraction ticket he was handed for possession. A small roach as I understand it.
Sounds like CT needs a Wesson v. Fowler.

Love how they like to pick and choose which federal law they will enforce or comply with.

As for MA I'm pretty sure this is going to happen at some point. I have a friend who the issuing officer flat out told him. (His words and he has no reason to lie) Sir you have a medical card and a grow/caregiver permit. I will save you the hassle of denial. Would not even consider his application
So he's been denied even getting a permit.

General language in the new law provides that "a person 21 years or older shall not be disqualified under the laws of the Commonwealth in any manner, or denied any right or privilege " for lawfully possessing, cultivating, or giving away marijuana. See GL c.94G 7 (a) (1(-(4). Consequently, marijuana related activity that is now legal cannot constitute a firearms licensing disqualification under Massachusetts law.
This was a directive that was sent out to PD's by the Commonwealth of Mass. Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.

So, it's now official. Regardless of what the local laws say you can do, the CSP are going to remove your firearms from you if you are caught with pot, period.

Here's the letter that this unfortunate weed-eater recently received:

Screenshot-2017-02-09-09-48-18-153091.JPG

From what I've read, however, the defendant decided to cut the rifle in half (It was an AR) rather than transfer it out.

The argument about states rights and federal regulation regarding controlled substances is far from over. Just thought you'd like to be kept in the loop. And, no, CT does not have a pot law right now. The legislature is most certainly looking at it closely but our Gov hasn't put his finger up in the air yet to see which way the wind is blowing.

Rome

You can read this information over at AR15.com, hometown, CT.

That letter says nothing about pot. What am I missing here?

Plus, the decriminalization law (when it was in effect) specifically prohibited any state entity or agent from using a MJ civil citation as the basis for denial of any license or state benefit.

I don't understand how this means anything when it comes to guns, seeing as the state can easily just say, "Sorry, the Feds say you're a PP".

i am not following the OP's comments AT ALL. Did this guy get caught with pot in a state where it is illegal to possess it, and now is a felon and prohibited person? Well, yeah of course he will no longer be able to own guns, he is a prohibited person.

I thought this was a thread about someone with either medical marijuana in a state where that is legal with a doctor's prescription, OR a story about some recreational pot user in those states where THAT is legal.

Break the law, you are going to have consequences. This is somehow unclear?

That letter says nothing about pot. What am I missing here?

Title 18 U.S. Code 922(g), which is in the letter, includes this clause about "pot":

"(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance..."

And the person at AR15.com who originally posted the letter says that's the reason (see post #42 in this thread).

But laws like this make me not even care, I would gladly be the Wal-Mart greater and be broke than keep living under this type of rule.

Meanwhile, Walmart will probably announce new required qualifications for their Store Greeter jobs: "Applicant MUST be fluent in English, as well as Spanish, Creole, Arabic, Vietnamese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, etc etc...

Just sayin'
(in my off topic rant for the morning)

I think legalized pot is a terrible idea
Then you probably feel everything YOU don't enjoy is a terrible idea, yes?
Related to Carrie Nation? Prohibition (of anything) just cuz someone "thinks it's a terrible idea" is a wonderful vehicle, eh? I personally have seen whiskey ruin many, many MANY more people's lives than weed ever did, yet nobody working at Kappy's, Blanchards, Walmart (etc) ever gets prosecuted for selling Seagrams or Jack Daniels..

Yup, we should keep pot illegal. It's so much more effective to have people selling and buying it illegally on the streets, in alleyways (the alleyways behind the liquor stores, just for additional irony?), etc...But hey, if you're a prison guard, court worker, .gov hack, etc it's awesome for job security to keep it illegal.

Cuz, after all, some people think legal weed is a terrible idea.

I just don't get it. Applying for and possessing a "medical marijuana" card is prima facia evidence you are violating federal law, or that you intend to do so. To get the card, you have to confess to the state government your intention. If you actually use marijuana, you cannot truthfully complete a form 4473 in a way that lets you own a firearm (Question 11 b asks:

1. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized ordecriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.)

Why would anyone who cares about the exercise of their Second Amendment rights do that?

Last edited:
What about alcohol or what if someone drinks and gets drunk? (without being in possession of a firearm). **** off .gov

Good thing alcohol is not a drug, good thing nothing bad ever happens to people who drink to much. How about if you get drunk, you have to get rid of your car.

Poor AR was cut in half [sad2]

Well clearly one is regulated for tax purposes and can be consumed legally but much not made legally. (See: Discovery Channel's Moonshiners) and the other is a controlled substance more dangerous than cocaine and heroin.

The solution is through federal legislation. That's the only recourse. In a place so full of Constitutionalists, this solution should be pretty obvious. Law says X. Must change law. Pass new law changing old law. End of story.

Well clearly one is regulated for tax purposes and can be consumed legally but much not made legally. (See: Discovery Channel's Moonshiners) and the other is a controlled substance more dangerous than cocaine and heroin.

I hope you can elaborate on these danger levels. I think more people need to be enlightened about the true nature of diablo verde...

The solution is through federal legislation. That's the only recourse. In a place so full of Constitutionalists, this solution should be pretty obvious. Law says X. Must change law. Pass new law changing old law. End of story.

Which is the "controlled substance more dangerous than cocaine and heroin"? #confused

And we all know there's never been any BS posted at arfcom, which is such a dumpster fire that it makes NES look like Kumbaya around the campfire.

I wasn't vouching for the guy, but I also see no reason to think he's lying. All I wanted to do was help connect the dots for some NESers who had posted that they were confused.

Guys - the Federales consider theMJ more dangerous of a controlled substance than cocaine or heroin. Or did you not know that? I don't consider it that way, but the LAW says so.

You want satisfaction? Courts or law. Take your pick. Courts will shut you down unless you get a POS activist judge. Best to petition the legislature. Start with them doobie-smokin Congresscritters in CO and CA.

Back
Top Bottom