CT CCW training requirement

For the MA required law section, which is not part of the NRA curriculum, they only require it be taught before or after the nra material

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Right, but the NRA is now stipulating you are to teach the course with their blended format. Teaching the old way cuts out the NRA's share of the money, but if you don't do it the NRA way, they can and have, stripped people of their instructor credentials.

And if the NRA ever found out, they woul be within their rights to yank your instructor credentials for not running the course the way they designate it.

Why would that be? I am using their copyrighted materials that I've paid for fair and square. They have not said that you can not continue to teach the course. They have said that they will no longer supply materials.

Also, keep in mind that a 3 year supply is only a couple of dozen for me. I do mainly privates and semi-privates.

If they want to tell me I can no longer use those materials, they can buy them back from me.

Why would that be? I am using their copyrighted materials that I've paid for fair and square. They have not said that you can not continue to teach the course. They have said that they will no longer supply materials.

Also, keep in mind that a 3 year supply is only a couple of dozen for me. I do mainly privates and semi-privates.

If they want to tell me I can no longer use those materials, they can buy them back from me.

You also are cutting them out of money. They dictate how the course is to be taught, and with their blended system in which people pay the NRA directly, they have effectively said this is how it's done now.

NRA Training has already threatened legal action against one instructor in another forum for stating that he intends to continue using the NRA materials (he wants to cut the NRA logo off the slides, etc.). So understand that you risk going against the 800# gorilla with an in-place legal team. Lots of luck winning that one.

If he's cutting the logos off things, then he is breaking his "contract" with the NRA. I will only use properly purchased materials. I will teach the course as the materials say. If they want to buy the stuff back they are welcome to. I'm not cutting any corners. They sold me that stuff with no expiration date implied.

I have heard of people threatening to use scanned and printed books and tests. That's clearly illegal.

As I recall, one of the Emails to Instructors stated that they would buy back the kits after 5/15.

And NRA can break their contract with Instructors at any time to teach any or all specific courses, which in essence they did for BP.

If you want to duel with NRA's lawyers have at it, but I think that we all know who has deeper pockets and can bury who!

Back
Top Bottom