• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Csb-1. Shotgun pistol powder

Anyone have any info on this powder I have 8 pounds of commercial 1. Powder and I was told that it’s the same as csb-1 ?

Anyone have any info on this powder I have 8 pounds of commercial 1. Powder and I was told that it’s the same as csb-1 ?
yes thats what you will get for a answer, talk to the shotgun shooters at trap and skeet fields one of them is sure to know more,
Websites like trapshooters.com and Castboolits will most likely have some good info.
That stuff was showing up in the late 2000s offered in 30 and 50lb jugs. High volume trap shooters gobble bulk powder like that up

Last edited:
With most powders being fairly easy to get (aside from Gucci rifle powders) why do people bother buying random surplus powder these days? I guess maybe if the price was like $5 per pound? I dunno I don’t skin flint when it comes to reloading components. But to each their own.
Exactly and im guessing thats why its available . I bought some “surplus” powder when I first started reloading WC844
New powder but was left overs from a contract run. It was $6 lb shipped back then when most powders where $18-$22
You could buy 6 8lb jugs shipped for a discount if you spent $500 or more it was free shipping.

That was good powder and I still use it.
We had a good run on that and the group buys had that stuff coming in almost monthly. A few guys I was dealing with run giggle switch stuff. One guy loaded 223 and 308 on old commercial loaders - Camdex IIRC he would buy as much as we could get. I was told he has commercial ammo manufactures license but only to feed his habit.
Sadly his health turned on him about 6 years ago and he moved to FL . Right now im down to 5 pwrson group buy group.
We are ok for now but wont be ordering until we can order bulk in one order

With most powders being fairly easy to get (aside from Gucci rifle powders) why do people bother buying random surplus powder these days? I guess maybe if the price was like $5 per pound? I dunno I don’t skin flint when it comes to reloading components. But to each their own.

The "pull down" stuff was big with rifle shooters back in 2008 (probably farther back than that) for .mil type loads.
They'd buy up the l.c. brass, pulled bullets and the powder by the keg. I remember hearin them squawk about lot numbers and all that. This was for a 300 yd off-hand summer league.

Back
Top Bottom