Cowboy Shoot at Mansfield Fish and Game - 9/17/05

OH well, No pictures. When I got to the club...and I take out the camera, put on my lens.

I turn it on, and it says no CF card. My wife took all our cards out of the camera case to have some put on kodak.

Well, she never put them back in the case. So, I don't have any.

Speaking off...

I don't know what kind of things that you guys do at an action shoot.

But we had this really cool stage.

There was a deck of cards. And then we had four steel plates out there, each the shape of a suit.

So, like poker, you drew five cards and put then down on the bar.

You then have to call out the suit of the first card, then shoot that steel target. Then do the same with each card and each steel.

It was pretty cool, and it made you think because you had to look down, then look up, then down and up. So you could never keep a good sight picture out on the steel.

We did that with five cards. Then six shotgun, then five more cards.

I only had on miss on that stage. But it was a lot of fun.

Don't know if Chris could do something like that on a stage for you guys. But it's a thought.

Don't even know if I'll get an answer being that no one really reads the cowboy shoot threads. LOL!

C-pher said:
Don't know if Chris could do something like that on a stage for you guys. But it's a thought.

Well, since IDPA is trying to represent a "real life" use of the pistol, I doubt that he could... it's so rare that one gets attacked by a full house! [lol] But it does sound like a fun shoot. do they let you use c&b revolvers? I have mine and at least for a while, my buddy's...

C-pher said:
Don't even know if I'll get an answer being that no one really reads the cowboy shoot threads. LOL!

yeah, you're right. This reply is really just in your imagination. This isn't the post you're looking for. Move along! Move along!

Ross

c-pher: I almost made it to mansfield to check out the shoot. I made it as far as rts 140 & 106 before the Fun Marshall (wife) called and preempted the mission. I would have liked to at least check out one of those shoots

dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:

Well, since IDPA is trying to represent a "real life" use of the pistol, I doubt that he could... it's so rare that one gets attacked by a full house! [lol] But it does sound like a fun shoot. do they let you use c&b revolvers? I have mine and at least for a while, my buddy's...

Ross

You never know, I mean there you are, sitting down playing poker at a tournament, and you get a full house. You look down at the cards that are sitting on the table. The guy across the table thinks that you're cheating and pull out a 1911. You stand up and shoot the guy through the 3 of hearts in his had. Then, the guy across from you pulls a Tec-22 but it doesn't fire because it sucks. So you shoot him through the three of spades that he's holding in his hand...that's when you see the bartender, he's got a 3 of clubs tie on, so you shoot him through that....

You get where I'm going. There's your stage for IDPA. Sound good? ROFL!

Yes, they do use cap and ball.

They have a class called frontiersman, where everything that you shoot has to be black powder. So, you can use two things. All your brass loaded with black powder, or use C&B, muzzle loader, and BP shotgun.

But I think that you can mix it up.

And, if you want...we can find some guns for you to use. These guys are great. The first couple if shoots, I didn't use anything of mine. I only brought shotgun shells. I borrowed leather, guns, ammo, hell people will even have a hat for you to borrow.

These guys are great. So, if you want, just let me know. Between me and my buddy, we can loan you everything you would need to shoot.

But if you wanted, you could use C&B and then normal rifle and shotgun. I just don't know off had what class you would shoot.

swatmedic said:
c-pher: I almost made it to mansfield to check out the shoot. I made it as far as rts 140 & 106 before the Fun Marshall (wife) called and preempted the mission. I would have liked to at least check out one of those shoots

Too bad...because people thought that it was going to rain. We went from the normal amount of people which is about 30-50, to 18. So you we would have had some time for you to play if you wanted. And, because of that, we had TONS of food left over. So you would have gotten a free lunch.

C-pher said:
You never know, I mean there you are, sitting down playing poker at a tournament, and you get a full house. You look down at the cards that are sitting on the table. The guy across the table thinks that you're cheating and pull out a 1911. You stand up and shoot the guy through the 3 of hearts in his had. Then, the guy across from you pulls a Tec-22 but it doesn't fire because it sucks. So you shoot him through the three of spades that he's holding in his hand...that's when you see the bartender, he's got a 3 of clubs tie on, so you shoot him through that....
Son, you're spending waaayyyyy too much time reading NorthEast Shooters! [lol]

C-pher said:
And, if you want...we can find some guns for you to use. [snip] These guys are great. So, if you want, just let me know. Between me and my buddy, we can loan you everything you would need to shoot.

Ghu, like I have enough time to shoot the stuff I'm involved in already! Get thee behind me, C-pher! Only one shooter on the line at a time... :)

Seriously, it sounds like something I'd like to try at least once just for fun. Let me know when the next match is, OK? As long as my foot is healed by then...

Well, I was reg'd for a shoot October 29th in Scituate, but I guess that two of their members are getting married that weekend.

So, the bad news. They moved it to the 15th. So, it now looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the get together. Which sucks because it sounded like it was going to be fun.

Anyway, there's that one, then we have another one at Mansfield in November.

C-pher said:
So, the bad news. They moved it to the 15th. So, it now looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the get together.

If'n I 'uz you, boy, I'd miss the shoot and go the get together. But that's just me.

dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:
So, the bad news. They moved it to the 15th. So, it now looks like I'm not going to be able to go to the get together.

If'n I 'uz you, boy, I'd miss the shoot and go the get together. But that's just me.

Yea, but I just hate throwing money away. You know? It's the problem with registering ahead of time.

C-pher said:
dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:

Yea, but I just hate throwing money away. You know? It's the problem with registering ahead of time.

Oh. That's very different. Never mind.

C-pher said:
dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:

Yes, but if they changed the date after you registered, they (legally) must refund your money if you tell them you can't go.

Choice is yours. [wink]

Shoot or eat/meet/greet?

I brought my camera. But it seems that my wife had taken all the memory cards out to have some pictured developed.

So I wasn't able to get any.

There is another in two weeks. But I won't be able to be there for the shoot....or I would have taken some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom