Cooey Model 82 trainers

SKS Ray

NES Member
After shooting my Cooey Model 82 trainer this past weekend I started to do more digging for info on these rifles. I'm not sure what style if any the Cooey was supposed to mimic, but to me they have the feel of an Enfield No1 type rifle.
As mentioned in this thread: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20984
I had a pretty good outing last time with mine and that got me to thinking about resources to bring it to the rifle I want it to be. Unfortunately mine has the ramp sight instead of the target peep sight and the sling swivels are missing. I've read stories on forums about Cooey owners finding target style peep sights on E Bay for as low as $6 and some paying as high as $30 from private sellers. After the accuracy I was able to get with mine I can see why target sights are in such demand. For now though I'd settle for an original set of sling swivels.
The only other Cooey I've seen locally is at Four Seasons and its going for a fairly high price. Its not even a target sight model which makes me believe I got mine at a good deal because I paid half that much.
Here are a few pics I snagged from a Gunboards post regarding Cooey 82 trainers:

200691216383_cooeytext2.jpg

cooey01a.jpg

Ray,

I am looking for a Cooey Model 82 aperture sight, bracket and mounting screw if possible. Do you have any suggestions, or know of one available?

Thanks,

Pete.

Back
Top Bottom