• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Connecticut Non-Resident Change of Address for a Mass resident

Slotheadslim

NES Member
I'm sorry if this has been covered but I've been unable to find the topic. Due to a divorce I've recently moved out of my house and while I've notified Mass that I've had an address change to the other side of town for my LTC I need to do the same for my Connecticut out of state permit to carry pistols and revolvers. I've looked at the Connecticut website and didn't find anything posted and I tried to call them with no luck. Is there some form online I can download and submit or some magical phone number I'm supposed to call that they actually answer?

Thank you,

Tom

I found my owner answer which can be found here http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494620 .

"You can either call (860) 685-8494, E-mail the information to Special Licensing and Firearms Unit or mail a letter to the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Division of State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, 1111 Country Club Rd., Middletown, CT. 06457. Change of address is required within 2 business day, and the letter should include permit number, name, date of birth, old address, and new address"

Good. I'm glad you found the info. Its pretty easy in CT compared to MA.

I moved my CT residence address a year or so ago. All I did was call the DESPP, they changed the data in their system then instructed me to put a label on the back of my pistol permit with the new address. All very common sensical.

Don

Glad you found it. A simple email will cover any of your CT permits (I was able to send one for both my guard card and pistol permit). So much easier than AZ (geez, can't believe I just typed that). There you have to mail or fax for an address change even though it isn't change your permit!

Back
Top Bottom