• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concord Gun show, April 4-5

Spring show is the worst for crowds...it's tax return time and alot are there to spend.Plus with the current climate of panic there is going to be a mob of people there.

Get there an hour early or late in the day...you cant move around in there at 10am

I went to the one in manchester and it was 2 hrs to get in. After being there for 3 hrs there was an even bigger line to get in. Concord will be worse but I guess I have to see!

Anyone think that there is any reasonable hope of finding #41 primers there?

I go there specifically for reloading components and a good deal every once in a while.

I have never seen CCI 41 primers. I have seen CCI 34, but then I'm always looking for them [smile]

That is not to say there won't be any cause you never know....[wink]

I'm located in MA and I am trying to work things out to get up there tomorrow. Can I legally purchase a gun in NH and bring it back to MA where I hold a LTC-A(T&H). I am not licensed in NH. Would I have to purchase it at the show and have them mail it to my local FFL? I have never been to a gun show, and want to make sure I understand if I can even purchase anything, otherwise going would become almost cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm located in MA and I am trying to work things out to get up there tomorrow. Can I legally purchase a gun in NH and bring it back to MA where I hold a LTC-A(T&H). I am not licensed in NH. Would I have to purchase it at the show and have them mail it to my local FFL? I have never been to a gun show, and want to make sure I understand if I can even purchase anything, otherwise going would become almost cruel and unusual punishment.

You can buy a MA approved long gun from an FFL in NH and bring it home.
But you cannot buy any kind of handgun (with the exception of C & R) and bring it back to you. It has to be transferred through an FFL and it has to be MA compliant

I went to the one in manchester and it was 2 hrs to get in. After being there for 3 hrs there was an even bigger line to get in. Concord will be worse but I guess I have to see!

Honestly..i hope it's not a long wait to get in cause i only plan on being there for short bit and if i have to wait longer then 30mins to get in just to walk around for 30-45mins then never mind..But that's me

I got there around 9:30 and the line was at least 250 people long. Word was a 2 hr wait. So, I left... I don't do lines well ;-) Hope those who were more patient had a great time inside!

Concord

Jammed solid, NO fun today. Line went out to the rear of parking lot and zig-zagged up and down the back rows of cars 3-4 times. Got there at 9 sharp with my 8 yr old daughter and was out after two complete passes thru the building by 10:20.
Not worth trying to shop, same old overpriced junk, no room to move and WAY too much B.O. Every year I go and every year I leave and swear I'm done and I'll never waste the morning again...ooh well.
Did manage to see some funny things though...like the clown playing with the action of a 12ga shotgun while pointing it at the back of some other poor slobs head. I wish I had a camera when THAT guy spun around and had the muzzle of the shotgun stuck right up under his chin. The look on his face was priceless. That was also my signal to head for greener pastures.

I went in with a group of 5...we got there around 10 of 8 with a whole boatload of people infront of us...was a mob scene couldnt even walk around by the time we left at 10:30.

There was a good amount of ammo there but selling super fast...but overpriced along with most of the firearms..and only way to get a good deal on ammo was to buy in bulk..I got a good deal on 2 cases of .40 and 1 case of 9mm..also ended up with .22LR and 5.45x39 which wasnt selling at all and got a great deal with that too.

I left the show happy.I'm pretty much set for a couple of summers and then some which includes what I already have acquired over the past few years for my summer shooting sports.One of my friends bought his first handgun also. (XD9)

Every one of my friends was carrying a case out the door...someone near the end of the "150 yard line" made a comment about saving some for the rest of us..I thought he was joking but he seemes pretty annoyed so I didnt say any thing whitty and just kept walking lol

I give the show a C+.

Last edited:
Hmmm, sounds like peoples' estimate of the wait time when I was there was way high but OTOH, it doesn't sound like I missed too much.

I picked up some reloading components from one of the "junk" tables. I also picked up some tannerite (or a close cousin of it), so it was a good trip for me.

I got there about 10:30. Parking was brutal. I drove over the curb and parked on the grass facing the street in the "4WD" section [smile]
The wait in line was about 15 minutes. Once inside, I felt like a sardine. Very cramped and tough to navigate through the crowd. I did find some Large pistol primers (I got 2 bricks) but no non-magnum Smalls to be had. I also got a bag of unprimed .357 Maximum Brass from the same vendor.
I found some MTM ammo boxes (.38-.357 size) for $1.25 each and some lead bullets for .45 acp (200 and 230 grain). I got a box of each. What sucked is that the vendor with the bullets was in the far back corner. A cop was watching the door by his table, but wouldn't let me exit there while carrying this heavy stuff. I had to slog my way back through the crowd to get out at the front door. I think my arms a little longer than when I left the house this morning.....

My wife and I went about 1:30 or so and got right in. A lot of the ammo had been picked over, but we did come out with two new guns. We've been looking for a couple months now, and it was time to "pull the trigger". Instead of getting my XD40, I got an XDM40 instead, and my wife a S&W 642 revolver. Since we bought two they gave us a decent price on both.

Also picked up some 38 special, and 40 S&W reloads.

All in all a very good day.

I figured the show would be OOFC. I went ot the Local gunshops instead Put Money down on another AK and bought 500 rounds of 7.62x39.

Scored a case of Federal GMM Large Rifle Primers and 8 pounds of Varget - that made it worth the crowds, and frustration of seeing all the hand guns I can't bring into Mass...

My wife and I went about 1:30 or so and got right in. A lot of the ammo had been picked over, but we did come out with two new guns. We've been looking for a couple months now, and it was time to "pull the trigger". Instead of getting my XD40, I got an XDM40 instead, and my wife a S&W 642 revolver. Since we bought two they gave us a decent price on both.

Also picked up some 38 special, and 40 S&W reloads.

All in all a very good day.

Ooo...I'd love a range report on the XD-M!

Ooo...I'd love a range report on the XD-M!

I'd be happy to, as soon as I can get a chance to shoot it. I watch a few youtube videos last night on my new baby and saw how to change the backstrap. The medium one came on the gun, and I've got big hands so I'm going to swap them around and see how it feels.

M44

Show was crowded around noon to 3 on the first day. Older gentleman walking around with a small cart with three rifles in it. One of them was a 1953 UNISSUED Polish m44. I had to have it!!!!! Yes impulse buying. Asked how much.......$200...could not get my wallet out fast enough. Has the correct sling and the condition is 100% with a stock that is correctly marked......I am one happy guy[smile]

Also picked up some large rifle, small rifle, large pistol and small pistol primers and some 45/70 brass as well as some great projectiles from Reloaders n More. All in all considering I had to work it was great to be in New Hampshire for a long weekend. I played hooky Friday to look for houses , condos etc.

Also bumped into some fellow NES folks. Good to see you guys.

Now I have to get my act together and put another NES shoot on.

I will post some dates tonight.

I'd be happy to, as soon as I can get a chance to shoot it. I watch a few youtube videos last night on my new baby and saw how to change the backstrap. The medium one came on the gun, and I've got big hands so I'm going to swap them around and see how it feels.

Good luck with your XDm40. I have an XDm 9, and am very happy with it (about 3,000 rounds so far). I'm sure you'll be as happy. [smile]

Maybe it's me, but I thought supplies were a little better at the Concord show, compared to the earlier Manchester show. There were a lot of ARs available, which was a surprise as a lot of the local dealers claimed not to have any in stock the week before, but magically had a few for sale at the show. I also found some ammo that I needed as well as a couple of ammo cans (the cans were a little overpriced, but in great shape, so I grabbed em). I still need some larger ammo cans if I can find some clean ones for a fair price.

I also noticed that the line was down about 1 or 2 PM. Seems like the mistake was to go early, as that was when the line was long. But then again, if you went later, there may not have been good supplies of the more reasonable priced ammo.

It may have been me, but I noticed that more people seemed to have taken a shower before they went (thanks)! [grin]

I helped my FFL buddy at this show as I have for nearly ten years. This was the busiest I've ever seen it in Concord and was told Sunday that the 2800 people who attended Saturday was a record for a DiPrete gunshow.

We had a very busy day Saturday and were waiting over an hour for handgun approvals at one point. Many first time gun buyers. You can tell when someone actually reads every question on the 4473 instead of just knowing whether to check "Yes" or "No". All and all an excellent day for us.

Sunday started slow but was a comfortable busy by 10:30 when people got there after Palm Sunday services. We did about 40% of the business we did
Saturday. Other vendors we talked to were also happy with their weekend.

It may have been me, but I noticed that more people seemed to have taken a shower before they went (thanks)! [grin]

There were more than a few though that didn't remember to shower that AM though. Such a simple thing too.... I wonder if it's a strategy to keep others away while you're looking at the merchandise on the tables. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom