Conceal Tips

I started buying shirts that came in a Tall size. LL Bean has Polo shirts in Tall. I wear those for work. I conceal a S&W M&P .40c in shorts and a t-shirt no problem. I use an Uncle Mike's holster. Just a cheapie neoprene and a clip on it. works great. I carry at 1 o'clock

On another note, is the Walmart trip with the nachos still an accepted rite of passage for someone new to ccw? I haven't heard mention of it in awhile.

Wal-Mart or Home Depot seem to be the popular ones. (^_^)

What is this Wal-Mart/Home-Depot trip that you speak of? Just going to the store to walk around while carrying to prove to yourself that no one notices?

Get yourself a good belt and IWB holster like others have said. I also vote for the MTAC. I haven't used mine much since the spring but thats because I have been pocket carrying. I have lost a decent amount of weight since the spring time so I know I'm going to have to make some adjustments to get comfortable again with that setup again.

I think everyone experiences the same thing when they start to carry. I know i was worried about printing. If i saw even a little bulge I automatically though, "oh someone is going to see that" I learned that's just me being paranoid. Like others have said a small bulge here or there if you make a certain movement doesn't scream "gun" to 99% of the people out there since they don't expect you to have a gun.

With that said when I IWB I will usually put the holster on, adjust it and I'm good to go. If im concerned with a certain shirt I am wearing I just check myself in the mirror real quick.

If you think that you can buy a "thick" belt off the shelf and have it be an effective gunbelt, then you never have had a real gun belt. The difference is simply out of this world. They are expensive, but they are worth every freaking penny. Like Timber and Ochmude, I am a die hard Beltman fan.

As far as M&P holsters, I have three IWB and one OWB.

IWBs first:

FIST#20
DSC00610.jpg

K&D Holsters Cochise Defender (sadly K&D is out of business)
MPCochiseDefender.jpg

Comp-Tac CTAC
CTAC.jpg

All three make a full size M&P disappear under anything except a form fitting shirt. The FIST is a little less concealable than the others because of its construction, but that is only a matter with some of my older shirts from my slimmer days. With any loose fitting shirt, any of those holsters will work.

I also have a belt holster from O'Rourke leather. This one needs a little more thought in clothing to conceal well.
DSC00489.jpg

oh ok...I actually already have very high quality belts that fit the descriptins...so now I need to find a nice holster and meybe lose a few pounds

I thought the same.I went out and found the stiffest belt I could find.
It's nothing like my gun belts. You will likely need to grab one.

As far as holsters go:
I use a Comptac http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

I also use a 5.11 tactical holster shirt with a Saf-T-Blok behind the trigger

And then I also use smartcarry which puts the gun near my peepee for ultimate concealability but be careful it may make your peepee fall asleep.

how do you guys appendix carry? i have tried (without proper holster) and cant sit without being in discomfort. i do like the ease of concealment though

Even with the best belt and holster combo it is still going to feel strange at first. Any guy that carries a wallet in a back hip pocket knows what happens when they get a new wallet...it feels odd for a while until you get used to it. When I first started carrying it felt very strange because I wasn't used to it. My solution was to wear the holster as much as I could, both with and without the gun.

After you do this for a time it will feel strange when you don't have it on...which is exactly what you're looking for. It will also give you time to see if the holster/gun combo works for you. I'm willing to bet that a lot of guys discard holsters because of the "new" feeling and don't take time to get used to it. But there are some holsters that are just uncomfortable no matter how much you wear them.

My Crossbreed Supertuck felt really weird when I first started using it. Now I don't even notice it, and the only time I take it off is when I change pants.

A good belt is a big factor no matter what holster you choose. Having an expensive, well-made holster on a $5 belt is like putting whipped cream on a hot dog.

i wear a desantis cozy partner for my glock 23. i usually put it just past 3:00 depending on where the belt loops on the pants line up. I like this position because you can sit comfortably, and the frame lines up under my elbow for inconspicuous confidence taps. [wink]

i can attest to the need for a good quality belt too. right now i am carrying on a crappy pacific sunwear probably fake leather belt, and it has stretched considerably (needs to be a notch tighter than it used to when not carrying) since i started about a month ago.

I pull off IWB in some tshirts and polos, it all depends on the fit and thickness of material. I even went bowling at boston bowl carrying under just a tshirt! (incidentally i rolled the best score in years) [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom