• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Competition seating dies

I'm looking to get a 223 comp seating die. Any suggestions on a die? I really don't want to spend more then $80 on a die if I don't have to, so I have been looking at the RCBS comp die. I seen them for around $60 which is the right price range for me. Does anyone have one? Are they worth the cash? Any advice would be appreciated.

I use (and love) the RCBS "Gold Medal Match Series." It's basically the same thing as the RCBS Comp only without the special shell plate. (I use a Forster Coax for my single stage stuff so I don't need / can't use shell plates.)

I also have a Forster "Ultra Micrometer Die" but I like the "bullet window" setup with the RCBS die much better. (Anyone want to buy it? [wink])

I have 1 Redding (.308) and 2 Forster (.223) competition seater dies. both do an exceptional job as far as controlling runout, although, to be honest, even those cases with .005"+ of runout still shoot little bug holes.

cant really go wrong with either.

I also have an RCBS comp die with the bullet windows, but I have the original one (that requires its own proprietary shellholder), so it's useless for anything but a single stage press.

I have the .223 competion Forster set and they are really nice. Can't speak for the Redding, though they seem just as popular.

Back
Top Bottom