Comp question

bdb

NES Member
I have a Tavor X95 which I absolutely love. It has a YHM comp on it but I find it LAF. My buddy also has the same gun but a different comp. His is not nearly as loud as mine. I am thinking about finding another comp but really haven't tried that many to have a preference. Can anyone recommend a decent comp that is not thunderously loud?

I have a Tavor X95 which I absolutely love. It has a YHM comp on it but I find it LAF. My buddy also has the same gun but a different comp. His is not nearly as loud as mine. I am thinking about finding another comp but really haven't tried that many to have a preference. Can anyone recommend a decent comp that is not thunderously loud?
I hear you on this issue (see what I did there?)

Levang makes a great linear compensator for $30.
Battlecomp makes another great linear compensator for $150, but there's a chinese replica on ebay for $30.

Either way, linear comp is what you want. It throws all the fire down the range, not to the sides.

Don’t feel like putting a flash hider on it?

Just living in MA with EBR's makes me close enough to a felon already. No need for me to blatantly break MA AWB laws!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check those out.

Just living in MA with EBR's makes me close enough to a felon already. No need for me to blatantly break MA AWB laws!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check those out.
My local FFL said putting a flash hider on it is legal. I'm assuming it's because of the cutlass style grip. I was a little skeptical and asked someone at the PD (a Captain I think). He had no idea what a Tavor is but mentioned the FFL by name and said that if he told me it's legal then it must be legal.

My local FFL said putting a flash hider on it is legal. I'm assuming it's because of the cutlass style grip. I was a little skeptical and asked someone at the PD (a Captain I think). He had no idea what a Tavor is but mentioned the FFL by name and said that if he told me it's legal then it must be legal.

So now you have your FFL's and a cop's opinions on a legal matter. I would also ask a mail carrier and a proctologist.

Griffin M4SD Linear comp.

M4SD 5.56 Linear Comp 1/2x28

came back to add more commentary as I was on my way out earlier...

I have the Griffin flash/comp on my .308AR, and like it a lot. So when it came time to choose a muzzle device for my post-Healeyban carbine, I went back to Griffin. I wanted a good brake, but nothing too loud. After researching all of these "linear" compensators, based on reviews and just thinking logically about how they're constructed, I felt even more confident this was a good choice.

After a thousand rounds or so through it, I can say it works. it's MUCH quieter than most other ARs at the range, and is also quite a soft shooter. The 'brake' part works. Almost no muzzle rise, either. It's not hideously stupid looking, either.

Last edited:
Why don’t you ask your friend what comp he has and get that?

Or is that just as bad as 2 guys ordering the same meal at a restaurant....

Why don’t you ask your friend what comp he has and get that?
I suppose I could ask but he probably doesn't even know what he has :cool:

I have heard from a few FFL's that say "it's not a pistol grip" so you don't need to pin your comp or you can legally put on a flash hider. Something tells me thats not going to play out if you are in front of a judge for violating MA AWB.

Only an idiot listens to what the gun store guys say about legal issues.

That said, the flash hider thing is retarded, since half the world calls it a comp anyhow.

The BCM Comp has the same dimensions as an A2 and not much more bark. It is also not Battlecomp expensive, although the BC is a good comp.

How the hell do linear compensators work?

The only way you're going to compensate for recoil is to squirt gas in the same direction as the recoil impulse. Any gas squirting *forward* will only increase recoil.

Or do the linear compensators only reduce muzzle rise, but increase recoil?

I think it's quite easy to argue the Tavor's pistol grip extends below the action of the weapon, so it'd count as an evil feature. I doubt you'd ever get jacked up for an A2, so up to you, but I wouldn't count on the grip being excluded as a feature.

A PWS FSC556 won't be loud for the shooter. The guy next to you on the other hand may not be so appreciative.

That's not going to help him at all, those FSC rape brakes are awful, if he switches to that he's going to be just as pissed off.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom