marlin question, asking for a friend...no, really

is there really a premium on a marlin lever gun marked "jm"? where would one find that marking? it's a small oval with the "jm" inside, is it not? no, the gun is not for sale, it was just given to my buddy from what i gather and is in 444 caliber. we were just talking about it the other day when i asked him about it. he knew nothing about it. that made 2 of us. just thought i'd see if i could pick up a little info to educate both of us. thanks guys.

There's not necessarily a "premium", but JM marked rifles are considered better quality, and are more sought after because of the mark, over non-marked Marlin rifles.

The JM mark appears at the base of the rifle barrel near the receiver.

is there really a premium on a marlin lever gun marked "jm"? where would one find that marking? it's a small oval with the "jm" inside, is it not? no, the gun is not for sale, it was just given to my buddy from what i gather and is in 444 caliber. we were just talking about it the other day when i asked him about it. he knew nothing about it. that made 2 of us. just thought i'd see if i could pick up a little info to educate both of us. thanks guys.
444 marlin? Excellent deer rifle......if you reload.......excellent caliber to own

Back
Top Bottom