Com on Taken, what is our 1st C&R Buy?

Okay Taken, congratulations to you and me, today. Now what do you want to buy? I'm seriously looking at a CZ-82 9x18 Makarov and maybe a Mosin Nagant rifle. The CZ is a shooter and the Mosin I thought would be a project gun. What are you thinking about getting? And from where? Many surplus wholesalers refuse to ship to Mass!!

Actually, my experience has been that most wholesalers will not sell AMMO to Mass residents - guns are another matter. PM me if you need a list of C&R vendors to check out.

As far as "firsts", you can't beat a Mosin Nagant. Of course, then you will be sucked into the vortex as EVERYTHING starts to look good....

Ken

I've been shopping on the WTS section of the Gunboards forum lately. Some rarities there and for cheap cash sometimes. Warning!!! It can be hazardous to your wallet. I had to force myself to turn down a WZ48 (Mosin Nagant trainer).[crying]

Hey Carguy, seeing my name in lights just woke me up bigtime. [wink] I have been searching gunbroker.com under the keywords C&R. I'm still thinking of a Cold Woodsman .22 pistol. Then there are the National Match 1911's. I missed the one I really wanted by one day waiting for my license. What are you thinking????

I got a list of "suggested" suppliers and scanned, printed, signed and attached a letter to mail copies out but really haven't done anything but count pennies. I'm actually thinking about a Russian Nagant Revolver. Old, re-arsenaled in 7.62x? caliber but will feed S&W 32 long or 32 ACP. So affordable, interesting looking, ready supply of ammo...adds up to fun to me. Waiting for my license copies to get delivered before serious shopping. I keep thinking handgun...I need to remember Long Guns too!! Nagant, SKS, ??? the list is endless, but I know Milsurp will be the one just not which one. 8~) Yet!

Is $76 for a M44 Mosin Nagant with matching serial numbers and all the "stuff" (slin/oil tin etc.) a good / average / what are you crazy o buy it price??

I got mine for 69 plus shipping (total of 85 I think it was). 76 is certainly a competitive price for one.

Ok, sold out..next.

Limited budget right now there is a rifle, a revolver and a bunch of ammo I'm working on, then I want to join a gun club to shoot this stuff.

So I NEED MORE MONEY! So many toys, so little cash. 8~)

I've already bought 3 revolvers, 3 pistols, and a Kimber .22 this year. I can't imagine a way exsists to convince my wife that a C&R purchase is different...

Okay, I'm in, ordered a Mosin Nagant M91/30 from xxxx this afternoon. Now my son is pricing safes...I don't know what he's thinking but he came home talking about $400 safes...20 long guns, racks for pistols, shelves and floorspace for ammo!!! I told him if he wanted to add a room onto the house we'll buy it, otherwise we scale down to something smaller. I think a trip to KTP to play and WalMart online to shop is in order.

Can't wait until next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Always buy a bigger safe than you need. It WILL get filled. The biggest regret with things like this is, "I shoulda went bigger..."

You're right and I'm thinking of dropping the hint that ole Dad is turning 50 in a few months. What a nice surprise that might be!! "Wow a gun safe...for me...I had no idea!!" 8~)

Something I didn't have any idea about and really isn't a problem but surprised me is that in the BATF introduction letter it states as a C&R Licensee I can, "acquire C&Rs at any location / dispose of C&Rs to an FFL or a non-licensee in state (as long as they are not prohibited by GCA) and to an FFL in any state." For some reason I thought I could have a C&R shipped to me from any state (correct assumption) and that I could do the same to ship a C&R directly to another licensee in any state without the need of an FFL. Oh well, I guess now when my wife gets mad I won't be lying when I say I can't sell them!!

Back
Top Bottom