Colt M4 Handguard Wobbly - Cause?

I have a Colt 14.5" M4 Upper (welded flash hider for 16") on a pre-ban lower. I got a 7" Daniel Defense quad rail hand guard for it, but I've run into a problem. It's really wobbly. It seems tight at the delta ring, but there is a small gap (pic attached) at the front sight. What is the fix for that? Can I just move the front sight assembly down the barrel a fraction of an inch to tighten it up, or do I need to get some type of other ring/filler to put in the gap? Obviously I'm no expert. :)

Attachments

• AR-FrontSight.jpg
    AR-FrontSight.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 43
Yep.. Tighten the top two first until you feel pressue.. the the bottom two.. Then tighten each in the even pattern.. etc etc.

To answer your other question: There is no fix for the gap at the front. Daniel Defense made the Omega rails, and a few of there other rails that "annoying" lenth in my opinion.

I have the midlength on a rifle now, with the same gap. It is what it is..

Fixed it. That's what I get for not reading installation instructions my first time through. There are 4 screws at the delta ring end that I had to tighten with an allen wrench.

Yes, I have two of those Omega rails, one on my Noveske and one on my Colt and they are both very tight. Now lets see a pic of the whole rifle.

I was going to ask if you had maxed out the allen head screws, but then I read the second post. I like the Omega rail (and I usually don't like rail systems at all).

As Derek writes, let's see the whole.

I've been holding out on posting pics of my rifles just because they are missing "one or two" things, ie: BAD lever on one, rear sight on another... lol

All my AR's always seem to be never-ending "projects" that change weekly..

Here's a pick I do have. I need to grab a collapsible stock and that's a FACOG. I think I'll end up with an EOTech. Still undecided between that and Aimpoint. I can use my Magtech BUIS until then.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom