Colt LE carbine MA legal?

A NH gun shop has 2 new Colt LE carbines for sale. They offer to "neuter" them for Mass. customers by removing bayo lug & welding muzzle brake . I noticed, however, that they are marked "LE/miltary/export only" on right side of rec. Does this affect ability to own in PRM?(w/preban mag`s, of course). What say you?

As long as it's made to be MA compliant, it doesn't matter what it says on the side.

Jon is absolutely right.

However, since most LEOs in MA are clueless on MA gun laws, if they spot it it could lead to some interesting (and uncomfortable) questioning. The likelihood of this happening is minuscule IMNSHO however.

Jon is absolutely right.

However, since most LEOs in MA are clueless on MA gun laws, if they spot it it could lead to some interesting (and uncomfortable) questioning. The likelihood of this happening is minuscule IMNSHO however.

But the AWB bans several models by name, explicitly. For example, it bans the "Colt AR-15", if I remember correctly. So if you have something called "Colt AR-15", it needs to be pre-ban. Probably anything with the exact name "Colt AR-15" is pre-ban anyway... I believe Colt was forced to rename everything after the AWB.

But the AWB bans several models by name, explicitly. For example, it bans the "Colt AR-15", if I remember correctly. So if you have something called "Colt AR-15", it needs to be pre-ban. Probably anything with the exact name "Colt AR-15" is pre-ban anyway... I believe Colt was forced to rename everything after the AWB.
The new Colt M4 variants say "M4" not "AR15".

I think I stopped in the same store, Made a few calls and got the ok. Dont have the funds, as long as it is put into Ma. legal configuration before you take it, it is ok the LE writting on the side means nothing.

Please re-read MGL Ch. 140 S. 131M.

Nothing in there (or in the old Fed Ban) that banned brands/models of ARs by name.

I think you may be confusing this with CT where named models are banned. The title of this thread calls out the question specific to MA and not CT.

Back
Top Bottom