• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado's 2023 Assault Weapons Ban to include Shotguns and Semi Auto Handguns

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Welcome Colorado to the latest wave of Assault Weapons ban going through the legislature right now.

Colorado state officials are planning to introduce a gun control bill that bans assault weapons, according to a leaked draft of the legislation published by a gun rights lobbying organization.​

Sixteen pages of a draft version of the bill — with the bill’s topic formally listed as “Prohibition Of Assault Weapons In CO” — were published in a Twitter post by the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, an organization with more than 200,000 pro-Second Amendment grassroots activists.

It is unclear how the draft version of the legislation was obtained, but the sponsors listed are State Rep. Andrew Boesenecker, State Rep. Elisabeth Epps, and State Sen. Rhonda Fields.

The bill would prohibit an individual from “possessing, manufacturing, importing, purchasing, selling, offering to sell, or transferring ownership of an assault weapon,” according to the draft.

Should the bill pass, current owners of firearms that state officials classify as “assault weapons” may be grandfathered in and excluded from the ban if certain conditions are met, including maintaining paperwork showing legal ownership prior to the effective date of the bill, and securely storing the firearm. It is unclear how officials intend to enforce storage rules.

View: https://twitter.com/RMGOColorado/status/1611843498264924160?t=wmEayiqnHEFwrsNPHFopSQ&s=01

Welcome Colorado to the latest wave of Assault Weapons ban going through the legislature right now.

View: https://twitter.com/RMGOColorado/status/1611843498264924160?t=wmEayiqnHEFwrsNPHFopSQ&s=01

Contrary to others beliefs about our overlords in the Executive branch of the state, this is what I fully expect from MA in the next few months sans grandfathering. They will pull a NY/CT because MA sucks and can't be outdone by those states...

The ban hammer is coming. Make your exit plans now or comply and STFU.

boebert-guns-firearms.jpg

Not to worry. Ms. Boebert will preserve some liberty lol.

Contrary to others beliefs about our overlords in the Executive branch of the state, this is what I fully expect from MA in the next few months sans grandfathering. They will pull a NY/CT because MA sucks and can't be outdone by those states...

Sadly I don't think you're wrong.

In CT the state asked people to voluntarily tell em exactly what they've got cause they didn't know already. In MA, how many of you FA10 registered your 'pre-heelies' to make the 2016 deadline? lol. MA government already knows what you've got. Kinda hard to 'go dark' here like the quarter million gun felons in CT did.

In CT the state asked people to voluntarily tell em exactly what they've got cause they didn't know already. In MA, how many of you FA10 registered your 'pre-heelies' to make the 2016 deadline? lol. MA government already knows what you've got. Kinda hard to 'go dark' here like the quarter million gun felons in CT did.
Gonna have to disagree on this one.....

Gonna have to disagree on this one.....
Remember that they don't need to know every gun you own. All they need to know is that you own something they don't like; therefore, you are a "Gun Hoarder" according to our soon-to-be new AG lady and subject to whatever bizarre insanity she can come up with.

In other words, you are the problem. Your guns are merely the means to screw you.

Remember the old saying: It's not about gun control. It's about people control.

Remember that they don't need to know every gun you own. All they need to know is that you own something they don't like; therefore, you are a "Gun Hoarder" according to our soon-to-be new AG lady and subject to whatever bizarre insanity she can come up with.

In other words, you are the problem. Your guns are merely the means to screw you.

sounds like a lot of speculation and a little bit of fear mongering...... Post Bruen

I like to be optimistic, but Andrea Campbell is at a whole 'nother level of radical anti-2A insanity. If and until slapped down, I expect her to ignore Bruen.
IF it could be done without legislation don't you think that card would have been played already...... Ask the guys at the mill how much the AG affected there life after the Boston Globe bullshit

IF it could be done without legislation don't you think that card would have been played already...... Ask the guys at the mill how much the AG affected there life after the Boston Globe bullshit
That's an old conversation now if you are referring to Maura. She had no desire to taint or spoil her pending governorship over the Mill.

On the other hand, Andrea has a whole web page of batshit crazy anti-2A ideas... and she'll be working with a near 100% DimocRAT legislature that has vowed to destroy us in the coming session. :(

On the other hand, Andrea has a whole web page of batshit crazy anti-2A ideas... and she'll be working with a near 100% DimocRAT legislature that has vowed to destroy us in the coming session. :(f
Yea, I read that page on her website.... seems like pretty standard stuff for someone trying to get elected. Most of it is a pipe dream. The thing you should be looking at is what the courts are doing to states like NJ and NY, RI recently got screwed out of an injunction, but that will change when they get their day in court. The momentum is not on their side, her website speaks of defending MA law from Bruin more than creating new law. we are in a better place for firearm right now than we have been in my entire life!

Yea, I read that page on her website.... seems like pretty standard stuff for someone trying to get elected. Most of it is a pipe dream. The thing you should be looking at is what the courts are doing to states like NJ and NY, RI recently got screwed out of an injunction, but that will change when they get their day in court. The momentum is not on their side, her website speaks of defending MA law from Bruin more than creating new law. we are in a better place for firearm right now than we have been in my entire life!
I will admit that my faith in Bruen (and SCOTUS generally) actually helping us out here in MA before I die has gone from near 0% up to about 15%. Things are happening in other states faster than I can keep up, both on the rabid anti-2A liberal counter-attack side as well as the pro-2A side.

No one can say anything for sure yet. Crazy Andrea hasn't even taken office yet. The MA legislature scares me more than Andrea, but the MA legislature is also more likely to take Bruen into account in their law-making, especially if they see other leftist anti-2A states getting slapped down.

I will admit that my faith in Bruen (and SCOTUS generally) actually helping us out here in MA before I die has gone from near 0% up to about 15%. Things are happening in other states faster than I can keep up, both on the rabid anti-2A liberal counter-attack side as well as the pro-2A side
I used to share your faith in SCOTUS, The good thing is, the other states can't help themselves Il, CO, NY, NJ, WA, MD, This should give the MA legislature some Pause in doing anything crazy as most of that new legislation is on track to get stopped, Even Red flag laws got shut down In NY. Just wait until one of those states can't help themselves and appeal a lower court's ruling to SCOTUS. So it doesn't necessarily have to happen in MA, Bruen didn't happen in MA an look at all the people in RED towns that benefited from it.

In MA, how many of you FA10 registered your 'pre-heelies' to make the 2016 deadline? lol.
Lol. Before but espeically after the 2016 bullshit, it should have been apparent that filing FA10s for ARs would be making it easier for the state to know you have extra killy guns, for any future gun grabs/bans in MA...

Last edited:
Lol. Before but espeically after the 2016 bullshit, it should have been apparent that filing FA10s for ARs would/could be self-incriminating down the road
self incriminating that you chose to register it and no law was broken doing so.

self incriminating that you chose to register it and no law was broken doing so.
I guess I should have been more clear. I agree her press release isn't law and no one broke any laws. I guess I meant that they've now made it easier for future gun grabs/bans in MA

I agree and we have the Supreme Court on our side for the next twenty years.

I used to share your faith in SCOTUS, The good thing is, the other states can't help themselves Il, CO, NY, NJ, WA, MD, This should give the MA legislature some Pause in doing anything crazy as most of that new legislation is on track to get stopped, Even Red flag laws got shut down In NY. Just wait until one of those states can't help themselves and appeal a lower court's ruling to SCOTUS. So it doesn't necessarily have to happen in MA, Bruen didn't happen in MA an look at all the people in RED towns that benefited from it.
The 2023 MA legislative session has already started. At least we've made it through the first week. [laugh]

I think that a lot of going to depend on what happens with the other leftist anti-2A states and SCOTUS over the next month or so. 🤔

I don't share your enthusiasm for SCOTUS.
The 1st circuit Court (MA) is assigned to Jackson
I can understand not being enthusiastic about the first circuit, but the SCOTUS..... I think you may be missing something

Nobody knows your level of skill. Personally, I'll take some street hoodlum with a gun who is clearly unfamiliar with any type of firearms than a seasoned expert 3 gun competitor in an organized match!

iu

800px-Antonin_Scalia_Official_SCOTUS_Portrait.jpg

throwpillow,small,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

I can understand not being enthusiastic about the first circuit, but the SCOTUS..... I think you may be missing something
doesn't the circuit court cases get reviewed by the assigned SCOTUS Judge, and decided by that Judge for cases to be take by the full court ?
Frankly, I get tired seeing other stated having their 2A cases heard, and MA is left behind. We still have AWB, firearms roster, firearms licensing system, magazine restrictions, etc.

Back
Top Bottom