Colorado's 2023 Assault Weapons Ban to include Shotguns and Semi Auto Handguns

doesn't the circuit court cases get reviewed by the assigned SCOTUS Judge, and decided by that Judge for cases to be take by the full court ?
Frankly, I get tired seeing other stated having their 2A cases heard, and MA is left behind. We still have AWB, firearms roster, firearms licensing system, magazine restrictions, etc.
NO. The cases need 4 justices in favor of hearing the case

"Each of the thirteen federal circuit courts is assigned one Supreme Court Justice who then considers certain appeals (e.g., emergency requests and other matters) from his or her assigned circuit while other aspects of the case are still pending. The Chief Justice of the United States is responsible, under 28 U.S.C. 42, for allotting circuit justices “in vacation.”

Colorado was on my shortlist for a move years ago (was ready to go) until the mag ban.

Good thing I did not move there.

NO. The cases need 4 justices in favor of hearing the case

"Each of the thirteen federal circuit courts is assigned one Supreme Court Justice who then considers certain appeals (e.g., emergency requests and other matters) from his or her assigned circuit while other aspects of the case are still pending. The Chief Justice of the United States is responsible, under 28 U.S.C. 42, for allotting circuit justices “in vacation.”
Gotcha - thanks for clarifying. I used the thread below as a reference

There is one thing I don't understand. Why do people have to maintain proof of when a gun was purchased when we have to do a 4473. Doesn't the gov have access to 4473?

Or couldn't a gun owner at least request the record?

All this sh*t is electronic now.

There is one thing I don't understand. Why do people have to maintain proof of when a gun was purchased when we have to do a 4473. Doesn't the gov have access to 4473?

Or couldn't a gun owner at least request the record?

All this sh*t is electronic now.
I have never heard you have to have proof of purchase date??? NO the govt does not maintain a firearms registry, so we are told, the selling FFL is required to keep those records for the life of the FFL, or return them to virginia if FFL ceases business. ATF can ask FFL for info on the 4473 if they are trying to track something down

I have never heard you have to have proof of purchase date??? NO the govt does not maintain a firearms registry, so we are told, the selling FFL is required to keep those records for the life of the FFL, or return them to virginia if FFL ceases business. ATF can ask FFL for info on the 4473 if they are trying to track something down
Here:
Should the bill pass, current owners of firearms that state officials classify as “assault weapons” may be grandfathered in and excluded from the ban if certain conditions are met, including maintaining paperwork showing legal ownership prior to the effective date of the bill

So, assuming no one keeps their receipts, or at least most people lost them. I am guessing if this passes and you want to comply, either CO will need a way to register the gun (if they don't have it), or take pictures and Email them to yourself.

Assuming you want to comply.

Here:

So, assuming no one keeps their receipts, or at least most people lost them. I am guessing if this passes and you want to comply, either CO will need a way to register the gun (if they don't have it), or take pictures and Email them to yourself.

Assuming you want to comply

4473 is a federal form not state. it appears you would just need to prove you possessed it before the ban took effect, it's not a simple as the 94 ban was to determine status, pmags made last week would be pre ban, proving pre and post on modern mags would be near impossible, serialized rifles would be pretty easy, run the serial number with the manufacturer should give a date. could take a photo, put a stamp on it an mail it to yourself, back in the day they used to say a postmark was proof

Contrary to others beliefs about our overlords in the Executive branch of the state, this is what I fully expect from MA in the next few months sans grandfathering. They will pull a NY/CT because MA sucks and can't be outdone by those states...

The ban hammer is coming. Make your exit plans now or comply and STFU.
Even CT gun control advocates are saying there is no appetite to require surrendering of legally owned assault weapons. I don't see the forced turn in of guns happening in Massachusetts

BPD SWAT operators ready to ROCK door to door. Is it muh go time yet?

View attachment 707914
I don't plan of surviving if they come for my guns but I also don't plan on being shot in the back of the head like so many others who have given up their guns throughout history either. It's time to wake up and realize what the hell is going on in this country before its too late!

If politicians ignore the law, why would you obey their rules?
That's one of those great philosophical questions for all time. [laugh] You can apply it to almost any law anywhere. 🤔

The more important question for right now is what happens when a leftist anti-2A state passes an unconstitutional law in bold defiance of Bruen? The next step should be that SCOTUS slaps them down, right? But what happens when the leftist anti-2A state defies SCOTUS and doesn't comply? What will SCOTUS do about that? What can SCOTUS do about that?

That's kind of like where we are today in Massachusetts, albeit with a different timeline and for different reasons. Will the MA legislature defy Bruen and destroy us this session as they have vowed to do? Or will Bruen cause them to rethink their plan? Stay tuned because it's going to get interesting.

That's one of those great philosophical questions for all time. [laugh] You can apply it to almost any law anywhere. 🤔

The more important question for right now is what happens when a leftist anti-2A state passes an unconstitutional law in bold defiance of Bruen? The next step should be that SCOTUS slaps them down, right? But what happens when the leftist anti-2A state defies SCOTUS and doesn't comply? What will SCOTUS do about that? What can SCOTUS do about that?

That's kind of like where we are today in Massachusetts, albeit with a different timeline and for different reasons. Will the MA legislature defy Bruen and destroy us this session as they have vowed to do? Or will Bruen cause them to rethink their plan? Stay tuned because it's going to get interesting.
The fist part of your question happened yesterday in Illinois and is waiting on the governor's signature. Soon as it is signed a lawsuit will be filed. The next step will be the case working its way though the lower courts, and probably and emergency injunction like what happened in WA state

Some extreme ban (confiscation etc) would suck short term, but it might hasten the end of the AWB here in MA. Such laws simply cannot survive anymore as they are so clearly unconstitutional. The bizarre games being played by the left may buy them some time, but it’s over.

Some extreme ban (confiscation etc) would suck short term, but it might hasten the end of the AWB here in MA. Such laws simply cannot survive anymore as they are so clearly unconstitutional. The bizarre games being played by the left may buy them some time, but it’s over.
From your keyboard to God's in-box! [thumbsup]

The first part of your question happened yesterday in Illinois and is waiting on the governor's signature. Soon as it is signed a lawsuit will be filed. The next step will be the case working its way though the lower courts, and probably and emergency injunction like what happened in WA state
I confess that there are too many attacks on 2A happening in too many leftist states for me to keep track day-to-day, but my impression is that we've won some and lost some so far... not necessarily permanently, but at least for the time being. But my question still stands: What happens when the leftist anti-2A states openly defy SCOTUS and simply decide not to comply with Bruen or anything else 2A-related?

so far based on what factually happens - governors just enact regulations and pass them to police for execution ignoring any factual litigation and decisions of courts, so, dunno how and why anything scotus says matters. the executive branch finds ways to bypass long brewing legal directives any time, and police straight ignores everything except direct orders issued by governor and AG.

and once police arrests you and ruins your life forcing you into the litigation - the scotus decisions are not going to be very relevant for your personal situation.

The fist part of your question happened yesterday in Illinois and is waiting on the governor's signature. Soon as it is signed a lawsuit will be filed. The next step will be the case working its way though the lower courts, and probably and emergency injunction like what happened in WA state
and while all that happens, police will be enforcing unconstitutional rulings with a fullest severity as it always does against the middle class suburbs.
the way executive branch acts now is truly beyond and above any comprehension, with state legislature in the pocket of governor office and the whole machine just acts as a one synchronized juggernaut.

The Supreme Court declined to issue an injunction on Ny. It goes into effect.

so far based on what factually happens - governors just enact regulations and pass them to police for execution ignoring any factual litigation and decisions of courts, so, dunno how and why anything scotus says matters. the executive branch finds ways to bypass long brewing legal directives any time, and police straight ignores everything except direct orders issued by governor and AG.

and once police arrests you and ruins your life forcing you into the litigation - the scotus decisions are not going to be very relevant for your personal situation.
The MA AWB is going to cease to exist in the MGLs. And, of course, things have already dramatically changed in MA with the end of restricted permits.

Of course crazy lefty states are going to go kicking and screaming, but ultimately the supreme court’w ruling will become the law of the land, as has always happened in the past. Look at what is already happened in NY.

I had a buddy tell me, “the Supreme Court doesn’t matter. Hawaii will never ever issue carry permits. It just won’t happen, they will just ignore it”

I don't share your enthusiasm for SCOTUS.
The 1st circuit Court (MA) is assigned to Jackson
Not saying the road won't be bumpy and there will probably be some District and Appeals Court "victories" but the Heller, McDonald and Bruen decisions establish strong precedents that will make bans near impossible. Just my opinion.

The Supreme Court declined to issue an injunction on Ny. It goes into effect.
I believe they declined to lift a stay on a previously issued injunction because the case is being heard very soon

"The gun owners “should not be deterred by today’s order from again seeking relief if the Second Circuit does not, within a reasonable time, provide an explanation for its stay order or expedite consideration of the appeal,” Justice Alito wrote."

Last edited:
I believe they declined to lift a stay on a previously issued injunction because the case is being heard very soon

"The gun owners “should not be deterred by today’s order from again seeking relief if the Second Circuit does not, within a reasonable time, provide an explanation for its stay order or expedite consideration of the appeal,” Justice Alito wrote."
Bottom line: For now and until something changes, the insane leftist anti-2A pols of New York are getting away with it. :(

Bottom line: For now and until something changes, the insane leftist anti-2A pols of New York are getting away with it. :(
yeah, but you need to understand, this is the standard operating procedure of the judicial system.

yeah, but you need to understand, this is the standard operating procedure of the judicial system.
no shit. it is very well known, what way the system works.

c04c3cdbdc181317d69868f7eab1a2ba--grave-testament.jpg

Back
Top Bottom