• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado Mag limit being ignored

The problem is the courts will uphold it, so all you need is on hero po-po and your in a world of shit.

Mauser said he hopes the investigation brings attention to the cat and mouse game.

At least he got something right, it's a game they're playing. Maybe they should stop playing games and focus on the real problems.

“We make it too easy to mow other people down,” said Tom Mauser, whose son Daniel was killed in the Columbine High School mass shooting in 1999.Mauser is a vocal opponent of high capacity magazines and pushed hard for passage of the 2013 ban.
“We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Mauser should address the gun free zones. Dumbass. And the Va tech shooter used only 10 round mags and two pistols. No scary AR, no normal capacity mag's greater than 10. A lot more killed than Columbine, Aurora, more than CT, etc.

Mauser should address the gun free zones. Dumbass. And the Va tech shooter used only 10 round mags and two pistols. No scary AR, no normal capacity mag's greater than 10. A lot more killed than Columbine, Aurora, more than CT, etc.

There you go, letting facts get in the way of a good emotional rant.

Mauser has a new career I guess. Here he is protesting the dirtbags getting recalled, he's on the left.

tommauserceasefire.jpg

And he protested Starbucks.

20100418__20100419_A17_CD19STARBUCKS~p1.JPG

Apparently he's not an artist. Dumbass.

These laws are so stupid, cause anyone planning to go out with a shooting rampage is either gonna modify a magazine, or splurge on some pre-bans.

But then most of our laws these days are designed for campaign speeches, not to help the country.

Tom Mauser has one little factual problem. His son was killed at Columbine by someone with a 10 round magazine. Thats right. The Columbine murders happened durring the 10 year FEDERAL magazine restriction. The killers bought compliant 10 round mags and proved that it doesn't matter.
Idiot. I guess thats what the left calls an "inconvenient truth"

This comment.

1135d1134588535-lmao-owned-pic-pwned.gif

I don't agree with him and I find his logic flawed... but losing a kid can make someone desperate.

Sensationalism, for the children.

Mauser has a new career I guess. Here he is protesting the dirtbags getting recalled, he's on the left.

tommauserceasefire.jpg

And he protested Starbucks.

20100418__20100419_A17_CD19STARBUCKS~p1.JPG

Apparently he's not an artist. Dumbass.

Wow. [rofl]

I don't agree with him and I find his logic flawed... but losing a kid can make someone desperate.

Mike

He's part of some gun control group in CO now, and there are some Newtown parents on gun control groups now getting paid. So maybe some get desperate but also paid.

Perhaps. The whole thing is just sad. It's more sad when someone with money takes advantage of somebody who is hurting and desperate.

Mike

It is sad the kids died. In the immadiate wake of the shooting, I understand if a parent acts emtionally. Columbine was 16 years ago? It bothers me because they are clueless about the laws, issues and years later they have not bothered to understand things even minimally. There are newtown parents flying around the country for background checks now. In WA state hockley fom newtown and redfield whose daughter died in aurora are there pushing the ballot question. The aurora nitwit passed a nics check and lanza stole the guns. My thoughts are with the victims but some of these clueless nuts, my sympathy is minimized.

The law basically that states that you cannot buy or sell high capacity magazines any more. If you already owned them they are perfectly legal. This is why it's an un-enforceable law.

On a side note, my brother was at a flea market in CO and they were confiscating a bunch of magazines from a seller there. You have 3 military bases in Colorado Springs and there are plenty of AR-15/M4 magazines getting around.

Isn't Mr. Mauser ,who said "We make it too easy to mow other people down,” aware that his son was killed by a shooter using 10 round magazines? (9mm hi-point carbine)

How many rounds is too much? Denver's new law allows 13.

Isn't Mr. Mauser ,who said "We make it too easy to mow other people down,” aware that his son was killed by a shooter using 10 round magazines? (9mm hi-point carbine)

How many rounds is too much? Denver's new law allows 13.

1 is too much, you could kill a few people with one shot.

The correct limit is zero - you can own the firearms, but the second amendment says nothing about ammunition.

And if you think I am joking, this is from actual articles on the matter that I cannot bee bothered to find again.

I would like to believe that my rage would be directed at the person(s) who killed my child, not at the tool they used. If someone hits my (future) child with a Chevy, I'm not going to sue Chevy for not making super-soft child safe front bumpers, I'm going to go after the ******* who killed my kid.

The insanity just never ends.

- - - Updated - - -

The correct limit is zero - you can own the firearms, but the second amendment says nothing about ammunition.

And if you think I am joking, this is from actual articles on the matter that I cannot bee bothered to find again.

I don't have any ammunition, I just store gunpowder, cases and bullets near my reloading press for nostalgia.

Their goal is total civilian disarmament. Any of them say otherwise, they are lying their a$$es off.

This is how Colorado is going to get rid of this law. Talked to my buddy who lives outside of denver and he confirmed, nobody follows it.

From the article comments section.

"Imagine I am pointing a loaded gun at you. It can have 30 rounds loaded. Scary, yes?

Now imagine I am pointing a loaded gun at you. It can only have 10 rounds loaded. Are you less scared?

It isn't the 11th through 30th round anyone should worry about in a gun, it is the first round. The one that is going to be shot at you."

This isn't news, IIRC, a bunch of Sheriffs said they wouldn't even enforce it anyways, not to mention it's simply unenforceable as it stands.

-Mike

Did they not just re-elect the same Douche Bag Governor? In my mind they sort of get what they deserve for re-electing him....Opinion's may vary.

They worked their asses off to throw that dingleberry out.
Last year the Dems passed a rule for mail in votes , pretty much insuring fraud on an epic scale.
That and the standard legions of the voting dead.
Yet still he squeaked it by only a hair and they now have a Republican majority.
If we had an actual DOJ looking into it, there would probably be some prison time coming down for voter fraud.

This isn't news, IIRC, a bunch of Sheriffs said they wouldn't even enforce it anyways, not to mention it's simply unenforceable as it stands.

-Mike

No only that, 54 of the state's 64 sheriffs were plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the governor. There were subsequently dismissed from the suit, but I think they made their point.

The down sides in Colorado are that Victor Head got defeated, Hickenpooper won and Diane Degettes was re-elected.
The upside is that there is now a republican majority in the state senate.
Bernie Herpin and Rivera lost thier bid for reelection , ( the republicans that took the seats of Giron and Morse).
It may be that they were so focused on VIctor head's run they were looking the other way for the three R Senators that got a majority.
Just thinking out loud.
ggboy

It is sad the kids died. In the immadiate wake of the shooting, I understand if a parent acts emtionally. Columbine was 16 years ago?
I don't think being devastated over the death of your child has an expiration date.

That being said, I agree with you and everyone else who sees past the idiocy of these useless laws. They are not dealing with the problems, but blindly putting bandaids on the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom