collection addition

Does the wife go along with turning another closet into a vault, like the other one?

I've had to sell a few to make room. As it is I'll be building a center rack on casters that can be rolled out to get at the stuff in the back.

Damned inexpensive old war rifles.[laugh]

Ray it could be worse. I just finished my 2nd Semi 1919. and trying to not buy a M2 parts kit.... I think I was better off when I just liked the Bolt action milsurps.

Here are the official "its mine" pics after clean up:

100_0573.jpg

100_0576.jpg

The bore on this is better than originally described by the distributor
and the muzzle is nice and tight. Plus upon disassembly I found no shims. That usually means the Finns thought no accurizing was needed.
It should be a nice shooter.

Here are the official "its mine" pics after clean up:

100_0573.jpg

100_0576.jpg

The bore on this is better than originally described by the distributor
and the muzzle is nice and tight. Plus upon disassembly I found no shims. That usually means the Finns thought no accurizing was needed.
It should be a nice shooter.

That is one beautiful m39, someday I will get one .m44

I've got a 39 and I have to say, that even though it's not the 'fancy' wood that Ray's has, it has the nicest wood and wood workmanship of any rifle I have. The wood is finger jointed just forward of the front sight, I guess most are, and it is beautifully done.

Here's a quick pic I shot one day, nothing artistic like Ray's:

39.jpg

Rule of thumb is rounded finger joints mean war time stock. Later stocks were joined with triangle or square shaped designs.
I like the M39 type because they have a solid feel to them. The stocks, barrels, etc. all have a definite strong feel when shooting these rifles. Plus accuracy is usually top notch and about as good as it gets for a Mosin type rifle.
Probably the next type I get will be a plum colored "B" barrel which are known for the better accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom