• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

While I can agree there could be a reasonable distinction between private and commercial use of the roads, I wouldn't want to be the test case.

You wouldn’t be. Others already have, or at least allegedly have. And although Make_MA_2A_Compliant is generally correct, most of us, myself included, are indeed involved in commercial transportation. If you have US birth certificate, green card, naturalization certificate, SSN, etc., you are property of fed gov and as a unit of their inventory your transportation or self transportation is a commercial activity.

Yea, I noticed that on the news when they showed the shot of his reciept from the online store. Blackhawk Omega vest... I then assumed he was wearing soft armor underneath because it was reported that he was in fact wearing body armor, but now it looks like that was simply another media fail.

My post was positively sopping wet with sarcasm. Until my actions materially other people's rights, the social contract (our government) should not limit what I may own or do. Or you. I'm quite annoyed that I can't own (or even make) a machine gun without jumping through hoops and hoping some bureaucrat doesn't deny me for an unpaid parking ticket.

True. Don't try to convince your typical Boston.com commenter:

NoRest wrote:
Why does someone need an automatic assault rifle? Way too many guns available to the average guy. Second amendment BS! Too many guns, enough alraedy!
7/23/2012 1:08 PM EDT
Recommend (6)

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...in_court_for_1st_time/?comments=all&csort=rec

Dollars to doughnuts this wasn't a select-fire AR-15. And we have too many guns for the "average" guy? Whatever "too many" and "average" guy means. And I guess women are excluded from these imposed limits? Only guys are affected here? I don't know about you, but frankly, I feel a little bit discriminated against. I'm going to call the local Diversity Coordinator!

True. Don't try to convince your typical Boston.com commenter:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...in_court_for_1st_time/?comments=all&csort=rec

Dollars to doughnuts this wasn't a select-fire AR-15. And we have too many guns for the "average" guy? Whatever "too many" and "average" guy means. And I guess women are excluded from these imposed limits? Only guys are affected here? I don't know about you, but frankly, I feel a little bit discriminated against. I'm going to call the local Diversity Coordinator!

Dont even waste your breath trying to explain to an anti what an assault rifle is....... their brains are to small to comprehend that level of sophisticated talk. I hear one guy bring up Australia and say "they stripped their citizens of guns and have one of the longest stretches of unsecured borders in the world".............Yes apparantly he failed to realize Australia is an island surrounded by Jaws and the thing from lake Placid

Yea, I noticed that on the news when they showed the shot of his reciept from the online store. Blackhawk Omega vest... I then assumed he was wearing soft armor underneath because it was reported that he was in fact wearing body armor, but now it looks like that was simply another media fail.

Wait...you mean the media was wrong????

I though assault rifle is simply an intermediate cartridge rifle? Coming from the sturmgewehr 44 meaning storming rifle which translating roughly to assault rifle?

Most people include that capability for select fire. In my book, if it can't do full auto - it's not an assault rifle.

That's pretty much my definition. Rifle + intermediate cartridge + select fire = assault rifle. I think the news people are tired of getting corrected about their misuse of the term, so now they've come up with a new phrase, the semiautomatic assault rifle. [rolleyes] They don't know or don't care about the contradiction in terms. The phrase assault rifle sounds much more scary and dramatic than calling it a modern sporting rifle, so I guess it suits an agenda.

I've seen the new term used in two other reports since I posted my original comment. In the world of news reporting, I guess stupidity spreads like herpes.

My sarcasm meter is currently being serviced, so I'm not sure if you're being serious.

This is a common refrain by Fudds and Antis: "Nobody needs a semi-automatic rifle for hunting deer." And they're right. But they should be corrected. AR-15s (and semi-automatic rifles in general) are a check against a would-be tyrant from assuming king-like power and then running amok (think issuing an Executive Order dissolving Congress, the Constitution and the SCOTUS and begin herding civilians into FEMA camps).

You are 100% correct, but for those living on larger properties, they are also valuable and often primary tools of HD. If you choose appropriate ammo, even smaller property owners use AR 15, Mini-14 and other similar carbines as main HD tool. Not to mention the fact that these can be mutilated to take 9mm. There are plenty of examples of home invasions done by 4-8 heavily armed men. In some areas there are even gangs that specialize in armed home invasions. Next time ask the FUDD why is it okay for the SWAT to use M16 for home entry (while he is wearing armor, using stunned grenades, backed up by 20-30 guys armed and train like him, and all of them have the element of surprise at their side) and it is not okay for me to wake up in the middle of the night and grab my AR to defend my family against 8 or for that matter even 1 home invader???

Furthermore, these guns are often used for HUNTING. AR is one of the favorite rifles for Groundhog and other varmint hunting as well as pig shoots in places like GA. So ALL of the FUDDs can suck my hairy sweaty balls!!!

I’d like to be the first here to propose banning large capacity F-250. I hope the president makes a speech later today. Thank God his daughters do not ride in these or do they?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pickup-truck-crash-texas-photo-144056003.html

Not property of, just an employee of. Having a birth certificate proves that you are a citizens of the United States of America. The SSAN (an account number by law) doesn't legally mean anything other than denoting the account number if where your confiscated fund are supposed to be.

The USofA is not to be confused with the US. The USofA is the constitutional republic we are citizens of, the US is the corporation that we are tricked into saying we are an employee of (W4).

As to the distinction of travelling vs. driving/operating and automobile vs. motor vehicle, (as has been said) good luck. I'm not going to try it, just pointing it out.

That is incorrect. I am a unit of inventory, not an employee. Similar to a sheep. Sure rancher gets the wool, but that does not make the sheep an employee, just productive property.

Again incorrect, SSN is a contractual acceptance of being a free-range slave. Again, slave is property, not employee.

Last edited:
I saw a blogger who was monitoring the live police chatter on the radio during the engagement reported the call went out that the shooter was said to be wearing "green tactical pants."

Could this have been the "one piece of out of place" gear the police officer spotted that enabled them to determine he was not a S.W.A T. team member?

I could very well be wrong, but I thought S.W.A.T teams wore all black.

(Edit: As I said "I could very well be wrong" so please chill. Good gravy, some folks on here are so ornery. At the very least--would you agree it might look odd to be wearing all black gear with the exception of green tactical pants? Maybe that might be a tip off the shooter was not a S.W.A.T. unit member? I don't know. Just throwing that out there."

/thread for me

Last edited:
I could very well be wrong, but I thought S.W.A.T teams wore all black.

Seriously? Sure, many do. Maybe even most. But haven't you ever noticed that uniforms vary from PD to PD? They seem to always be black in the movies, but in the real world I have seen at least blue, green, tan and various camo patterns.

MSP wears multicam apparently, because mass is a lot like Afghanistan. At least they do when they are staring me down as they drive by as part of the marathon motorcade.

My common sense assessment of that situation from an outside perspective is that that was pretty much a worst case scenario for even someone well trained with a handgun in that crowd. It sounds like running the F away very well may have been the best course of action if you wanted to survive that thing.

Mike

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree. No one is required to obtain an SSAN, nor are they required by the constitution to pay taxes on wages if they are citizens of the USofA working for private companies on the soil of the USofA. Also, Title 26 of the US Code defines income and who the confiscatory taxes effect. Unless you volunteer to have your wages garnished by the IRS, there is no reason the US should be taking money out of your paycheck.
[laugh] let us know how that works out for you?

Sure, it is voluntary if you like he taste of prison food and swat raids.

That poses an interesting question where would you sit for safety? Closest to the exits? Hiding in the back? Front row opposite from emergency exit door?

Depends. If the shooter is an NES member I'd say anything past twenty feet from him is pretty safe. This is based on attending a couple of NES shoots, of course.

You are mixing different subjects. We were talking about travel vs. transportation, and not about taxation. If you have BC, NC, GC, etc., all of your travel is commercial. You are transporting livestock. Taxation is a different issue.

PS. Sorry we did keep it on topic for 3 days. But this is NES and we have ADD. [laugh]

In 2003 there were 6.3 million car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people died. Or put it another way, killed in auto accidents. Yet if a plane goes down or some scumbag shoots up a gun-free zone, nation cannot stop talking about it.

There was a single truck accident yesterday in which 13 people died. I wonder what the president and opponent will have to say about that.

There was a single truck accident yesterday in which 13 people died. I wonder what the president and opponent will have to say about that.
Well, he has played the potential son and actual daughter card, so I guess he'd have to throw the WH dog in there now?

"I have a dog that could have been I that F150..." -Barry

I guess the is Michelle too, he might throw her into the next one...

i dont know if anyone posted it yet, but:

i typed this out and posted it to my facebook today, sums up my view:

To all the political vultures and sheeple scum who are using the tragedy in Colorado last friday as a pulpit to forward their political agenda of disarming the american people by banning "assault weapons" and "high capacity clips..." The shooter in last fridays incident was armed, yes, with a "black" AR15 "assault rifle," he also had a "black" shotgun and two "black" handguns, "black body armor" and a " black ballistic helmet..." What he also had, which I dont think the media is as publicly candid about, was homemade bombs, hand grenades, and tear gas...

now, not only the state of Colorado, no friend to gun owners, but the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT via the National Firearms Act specifically prohibit the manufacture and obviously the use of all "destructive devices, defined in those laws as: "any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, (A) bomb, (B) grenade, (C) rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces..."

So, what the media, the sheeple, and all these IDIOT protectionist politicians out there want you to believe, is that if the government simply bans these "evil" weapons, that maniacs like the shooter last friday will not be able to create or obtain, and use them against innocent civilians. Clearly, as was shown at the movie theater in Aurora Colorado last friday, this is not the case. Maniacs are maniacs, they will use any means they can to do innocent people harm. The only way we can combat and protect ourselves from incidents like this is to be vigilant, be prepared, and to take responsibility our own safety.

But not only that, we should also take responsibility for our elected officials and media members and tell them to STOP POLITICIZING THIS TRAGEDY. The victims of fridays shooting have not even had the decency of a proper burial yet, and already these politician and media slime are trying to milk approval ratings and the power to enact more laws out of it. Do not let these scumbags use this to convince you that it is guns, and gun owners, that create tragedies like this, instead, think outside the box. Think, what could have happened if the Aurora movieplex had NOT been a GOVERNMENT MANDATED "gun free zone" and a vigilant, prepared, and responsible father of one of those young children who were murdered had been armed and hastily reacted to the shooter? what if the soon-to-be-mother who was shot in the belly on friday had been armed and prepared to defend herself from this scum?

...Well for one, I think it would not have been much of a story at all, because the media elite and the politicians hate stories like that, they hate the stories of women who are in the process of being raped when they pull a .38 revolver out of their purse and blow their would-be attackers brains out. They hate the stories of the 72 year old man who shoots down his would be robbers. They hate the stories of the Korean shop owners standing on the roofs of their stores with SKS assault rifles keeping the hordes of rioting looters at bay during the LA riots... Nobody hears the stories where the good guys win, because they aren't stories, there is no sensationalized drama or political victory to be leeched out of it. There is no gain for them. They hate that. But most of all, they hate the TRUE meaning of the 2nd Amendment, which is that the RIGHT to keep and bare arms is not about hunting, its not about shooting skeet at the gun club, its not even about defending yourself from the filth of society who would do you and your family harm, all of those are rights endowed upon all of humanity by our creator. No, what they hate the most is that the 2nd amendment is the American people's check and balance upon the over reach of government. Do not let them strip your rights. Stand up for your rights and embrace them. Publicly challenge the sheep who say things like "what do people really need assault rifles for anyways???" or "what do you need high capacity clips for other than to kill people???" FIGHT the moronic mindset that the police are your friends and they will always be there to protect you because god-damnit they aren't and they wont. Its up to you! Stand up to them, stand up to maniacs like James Holmes. Stand up for your rights before they strip them away!

RIP to the victims, who are not only victims of this terrible tragedy but now also of the exploitation that is now being beset upon them by these roaches of the American media and political elite. Vulturism defined....

Last edited by a moderator:
You are 100% correct, but for those living on larger properties, they are also valuable and often primary tools of HD. If you choose appropriate ammo, even smaller property owners use AR 15, Mini-14 and other similar carbines as main HD tool. Not to mention the fact that these can be mutilated to take 9mm. There are plenty of examples of home invasions done by 4-8 heavily armed men. In some areas there are even gangs that specialize in armed home invasions. Next time ask the FUDD why is it okay for the SWAT to use M16 for home entry (while he is wearing armor, using stunned grenades, backed up by 20-30 guys armed and train like him, and all of them have the element of surprise at their side) and it is not okay for me to wake up in the middle of the night and grab my AR to defend my family against 8 or for that matter even 1 home invader???

Furthermore, these guns are often used for HUNTING. AR is one of the favorite rifles for Groundhog and other varmint hunting as well as pig shoots in places like GA. So ALL of the FUDDs can suck my hairy sweaty balls!!!

Good point. Can't tell but I guess return fire from the homeowner in this video is from a semiautomatic rifle, e.g. AR-15:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he has played the potential son and actual daughter card, so I guess he'd have to throw the WH dog in there now?

The dog is safe.

The DC SWAT team wouldn't dare assault the White House except in a movie and I suspect with the recent extraordinary powers the pres has thanks to NDAA'12, anybody producing such a movie might find themselves in Guantanamo. No that was closed four years ag, um, never mind. BRB Someone is at the door [laugh]

"I have a dog that could have been I that F150..." -Barry

I guess the is Michelle too, he might throw her into the next one...

No. If the "birthers" are right, he's the illegal immigrant. It would be him in the truck.

My wife asked me if we had any of those assault rifles that can shoot 100 rounds, I said we did, but I lost them in the boating accident.

Back
Top Bottom