• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

Does CO have binding signage? Or is it a tresspass standard state?

As far as I can tell, ignoring a private no guns sign is a simple trespass, see C.R.S. 18-12-214

But sometimes the distinction people make about those two terms is meaningless.

Ohio law treats a private no guns sign the same as posting a "no trespassing" sign or the same as being told verbally "you can't come in here armed".

If it applies to you, it's criminal trespass (4th class misdeamenor). In other words, ignoring a private no guns sign posted on a store, bank, mall, bar, restaurant, etc in Ohio is criminally the same as ignoring a no trespassing sign on some field or woods. Ignoring a private no guns sign is not a firearms related offense here and it is not a felony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaming a business owner for your voluntary decision to patron their shop is asinine.

You're looking at this all wrong.

See, the people suing are looking at this as a business opportunity. Their business is suing other businesses. It's really rather innovative. In this economy we have to think outside the box.

Don't be a hater!

What do you call an assault on James Holmes, the Aurora shooter?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inmate-nicknamed-Slim-doing-time-assault.html

Holmes, 27, who is currently being housed at the Colorado State Penitentiary, was attacked by fellow inmate Mark 'Slim' Daniels, also 27, earlier this month.

The Colorado Department of Corrections confirmed the attack took place while Holmes, who is currently being kept isolated from the other prisoners, was being moved between cells.

Colorado theater killer James Holmes attacked in jail by 6ft 4ins inmate nicknamed 'Slim' who is doing time for assault

What do you call an assault on James Holmes, the Aurora shooter?

The first of many?

He's not a child molester but he did kill several young children and he's a high profile inmate, other prisoners will want the glory of putting a beating on holmes.

They are going to need to put him in isolation otherwise someone will get him.

Last edited:
What they "Need" to Do and should do are two different things. I vote to take away his special handling unit protection and put him in general population. Then prosecute whoever kills him for manslaughter.

I think it's 50/50 whether he gets killed in prison. He'll be a target for at least a few decades especially because a few of the dead are little kids. Gotti got the crap beat out of him in prison, Jeffrey Dauhmer was beaten to death by a broom stick, etc. The prison folk have nothing but time.

I think it's 50/50 whether he gets killed in prison. He'll be a target for at least a few decades especially because a few of the dead are little kids. Gotti got the crap beat out of him in prison, Jeffrey Dauhmer was beaten to death by a broom stick, etc. The prison folk have nothing but time.

I agree, good chance someone will get him sooner or later even in protective, he's a high profile child killer.

Back
Top Bottom